Fellow hunter lost

Robhuntandfish

Just saw on the news a fellow hunter is lost in the Clayton area.  60 years old they have been looking since yesterday.  Folks always tell us to be careful but it could be any of us.  There is some inherent danger in hunting but still will take my chances in the woods far above the city street.  Hopefully they find this fellow. He's prob a lot like us......

• Like 1

Still a lot of areas with poor coverage...We can't talk to our son just over the hill if he's not standing in just the right spot and we have a complete dead zone in an area between camp and home... I hope he is found and remember phone or not you should always tell someone where your general area will be and stay in that area...I even leave a note for MrB as to what section of land I will be on here at home.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, vizslas said:

thats a long cold wet night.. Nobody should get lost with smart phones anymore.

I have spent a fair amount of time hiking in the ADK's.  A map and compass are essentials; cell phone batteries can run down quickly.  I hope this gent makes it out ok and that he didn't have a serious medical emergency.