Cold/freeze

Dom

21 minutes ago, Dom said:

Just wondering how you keep you home/hunting cabins from freezing?I have a heat tape/wrap /blanket that helps but still get some freeze up in my water lines how/what do you'all use to keep from having frozen water lines?

I'd could be a smart ass and say "furnace" but I won't.............

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

I'd could be a smart ass and say "furnace" but I won't.............

I can't afford a new one now/Furnace the only way/source of heat comes from pellet stove.Being on a fixed income of only 370 every 2 week's is no fun I'm not happy with the way things are at this time but I am living and doing the best I can.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dom said:

I can't afford a new one now/Furnace the only way/source of heat comes from pellet stove.Being on a fixed income of only 370 every 2 week's is no fun I'm not happy with the way things are at this time but I am living and doing the best I can.

Better leave the faucets running a bit in these temperatures then. 

Some times your gas company will have some assistance programs for low income folks.  (If'n you have gas available at your place)  The could possibly help out with a furnace too??

HEAP is a program advertised around Western NY that I've heard of........AND, your county welfare office would be thrilled to lend a helping hand. 

Luck to you Dom....

4 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

Better leave the faucets running a bit in these temperatures then. 

Some times your gas company will have some assistance programs for low income folks.  (If'n you have gas available at your place)  The could possibly help out with a furnace too??

HEAP is a program advertised around Western NY that I've heard of........AND, your county welfare office would be thrilled to lend a helping hand. 

Luck to you Dom....

I have electric and heat tapes/Bills are paid At this time I only have pellet stove for heat.I don't/need welfare at this point/time more folks are worse off than myself.

17 minutes ago, Dom said:

I have electric and heat tapes/Bills are paid At this time I only have pellet stove for heat.I don't/need welfare at this point/time more folks are worse off than myself.

Imo..This is the the situation that our social services should be for. Do not be too proud to take advantage of it if it is truly needed.. 

We have way too many that don't pay their bills and are not worse off that are scamming the system.... 

Not sure what sort of a system you have that you need to worry about pipes freezing. (Under trailer,basement , or crawl space)? . Heat tape ,  insulation, plastic, and roll of duct tape will work wonders...lol... I lived in a trailer once that was a pain to keep water line from freezing ..

Im in the same boat i let water drip and i have a good space heater where pipes come into the trailor in my built on laundry room and that seems to do the trick.  My best thing i use is 2 little corner fans that hang on the ceiling to push heat down my hall way and my place stays perfect down to about 15degrees. The space heater helps keep it comfy below that.

On 12/26/2017 at 8:13 PM, ncountry said:

Imo..This is the the situation that our social services should be for. Do not be too proud to take advantage of it if it is truly needed.. 

We have way too many that don't pay their bills and are not worse off that are scamming the system.... 

Not sure what sort of a system you have that you need to worry about pipes freezing. (Under trailer,basement , or crawl space)? . Heat tape ,  insulation, plastic, and roll of duct tape will work wonders...lol... I lived in a trailer once that was a pain to keep water line from freezing ..

Yup iI live in a trailer up till today was going good but I guess I may need to run a heat tape on the problem pipe.I have one on the main line but not good enough for these temps.