Amazon Echo Dot

2 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

You don't want your house on-goings to be recorded for all time Biz?

I honestly have no idea what the point of this thing is. My Brother in Law (wallstreet guy) gave it to me. He loves it and uses it everyday. I just use my phone or TV for whatever I need.

28 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

I honestly have no idea what the point of this thing is. My Brother in Law (wallstreet guy) gave it to me. He loves it and uses it everyday. I just use my phone or TV for whatever I need.

We have found quite a few uses. The grocery list option is great.  "Alexa- add milk and eggs to the grocery list."  It is added to the list in the app on your phone. We got a smart thermostat and that is controlled through Echo and can be accessed and controlled through your phone. We also have some electrical switches that are voice controlled for on/ off and dimming.  We have a dot and external speaker tied to our echo plus and you can control the music in the house and play the same or different in any room they are located. I'ts been fun  and Biz that Dot is like $29.  I picked up a dot and a good Sony external speaker for about $80. 

• Like 1