Great American Outdoor Show

Drew2255

1 minute ago, Fletch said:

https://www.greatamericanoutdoorshow.org/

It can almost be overwhelming lol.

Plan to spend some time if your real interested in outfitters or certain gear. Lots of good folk.

Have booked a few fishing trips there and connected with a couple of hunting folks over the years.

NRA takeover of management has done a good job updating a few things. At the same time miss watching the 3d guys shooting up into the arena stands at targets.

47 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

I've gone a few times and shot 3D, lot of fun. PITA to get in the door in the morning, there's a huge line

Buy your ticket ahead of time and print them out . last two times we went we were there right when the doors opened and walked right in. They have two lines one for prepaid and one for pay at the gate . We did get a few looks  from people in the extremely long pay at the gate ticket line though.. 

• Like 1

Have booked a few fishing trips there and connected with a couple of hunting folks over the years.
NRA takeover of management has done a good job updating a few things. At the same time miss watching the 3d guys shooting up into the arena stands at targets.

They still have the shoot I just got an email about it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

11 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

They still have the shoot I just got an email about it

Ya...but its just another 3d shoot in a warehouse since they moved it to one of the riding arenas in the new section. The hockey rink made it "different", JMO. There seems to be a lot better room for vendors there, as that arena was always jammed packed to get through and see anything.

Helped out for some exhibitors through the years for 5-6 days; can't imagine having to be there for all of them in a booth.

• Like 1

Ya...but its just another 3d shoot in a warehouse since they moved it to one of the riding arenas in the new section. The hockey rink made it "different", JMO. There seems to be a lot better room for vendors there, as that arena was always jammed packed to get through and see anything.
Helped out for some exhibitors through the years for 5-6 days; can't imagine having to be there for all of them in a booth.

I shot it two years ago I think, there were no shots into the stands but some cool ones like alligators from the bow of a boat, some elevated ones etc. It was a fun shoot

• 2 weeks later...

Fun show, but it's kind of repetitive. the prior incarnation seemed to be more in line with deals to be had. I've found pricing on stuff there to be astronomical now on 80% of the things for sale. I used to go there for deals, to see what's new, etc.

Now I'll go once every other year or third year just because. NRA has done a good job, but it seems to be too commercialized now.

If you go, stop at the Hamburg Cabelas, and also eat at Aroogas. Best wings outside of western NY.