Getting Ready

noodle one

Sprayed my turkey hunting clothes with (Sawyer Premium Insect Repellent) should be good for (6) six weeks. Went down to Dick's and got a box of 12Ga. 3in. No.#6 shot Win. Now all I have to do is find some turkeys. I have been seeing a few singles  around , but not many. I have not heard one gobbler this spring, but I know they are there. I have been staying out of the woods so that I don't spook them. Tomorrow or Fri. I need to take a walk in the woods to check things out. I have a few places that I know of that if i find some tracks and or dropping, I should be all sit. Good luck to all who are heading out this Sun. May your morning be filled with gobbles.

Got about an hour at work left - climbing the damn walls can't wait to bug outta here and get ready for camp, so I can wait another day. Hey that's the breaks just burning to do things outdoors & get some Thunder Chicken time in.

To Luck!

Got about an hour at work left - climbing the damn walls can't wait to bug outta here and get ready for camp, so I can wait another day. Hey that's the breaks just burning to do things outdoors & get some Thunder Chicken time in.

To Luck!

I am with you Fan Tail! I am out of here in 45 mins! Leaving for camp tomorrow morning! I hope the gobble better this year then they did last year! Good luck everyone!

Don't think 'll need bug spray this year pretty damn cold and wet! but my gear is ready,birds located, and ready to go!!!  Only 9 days vacation to hunt.. and get my plowing and yard work done! Best of luck to all this season!!

Finally it is here. I planned to be off all week and may be if the weather is good. Which I doubt. I will hunt every morning but will probably go to work a couple afternoons to save the vacation for later in the season.

Just got in from scouting and cant get to my opening day honey hole, it is flooded and would need a boat to get across the creek...I got very wet but have a few spots to setup without crossing the creek...Found some good sign and got one to answer the trusty woodpecker call.

My son is coming down at 5 am and we are going to check out one other spot then we will decide where to go early Sunday, over breakfast.

I try to hunt an out of the way spot on opening morning so we dont get any company from other hunters. If we dont succeed by 7:30 we will move into spots that others are vacating. This has been very productive in years past , usually between 9-10 oclock.

The woods are wide open and I didnt find any bugs. If there are any, the frost tonite will kill them. I hope!!....... I cant believe this weather...

Good luck everyone, be safe and shoot straight.

big purchase this yr is a  sanyo hd tapeless camcorder..its fricken tiny..but easy as hell to upload videos to youtube if you have windows 7 operating platform..it was 140 bucks with shipping ..im takin my compound again to try to duplicate the production of last yr..i can see the bugs being a big problem as we get deeper into the month..hope to get some shots both camera and bow..got a cameraman for sunday..and plans to take my uncle next weekend..did a lot more schmoozin in the offseason to  get ahold of even more hunting ground..dont over call..dont move..great luck!>:(y >:(>:(M >:) >;)

Clothes out....calls out and I made a couple of carbon strikers today...gun is clean...shells packed....all blind seats are in...camera charged...snacks and cough drops packed....Cell phone charged and alarm set....Therma cell packed...and Bobbin head out and ready to go for later on....

Good luck one and all...don't for get the hunter orange for the walk out

Well I thought I was ready, but the opener wasn't smooth. No problems with gear, or anything like that, but by 9:30 my ankle was throbbing and I had to call it. Was in a great spot and working a hot bird but wound up calling in three hunters from the neigboring property instead. I could hear a few other birds gobbling their fool heads off but no-way I can make it way up the hill to get near them. Perhaps closer to next weekend after a few days off at my camp where the ground is a little flatter I may have some luck.