Power outage from northeaster 24 hours no power no heat

Hunter007

I think you should get over it.  Really.  Stuff happens.  You are one of the thousands of people without power in New York.  I know you think the power company should build a bomb proof power grid to YOUR house, all without raising rates, but in the real world, life goes on.  

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, stubborn1VT said:

I think you should get over it.  Really.  Stuff happens.  You are one of the thousands of people without power in New York.  I know you think the power company should build a bomb proof power grid to YOUR house, all without raising rates, but in the real world, life goes on.  

Yea, the dollar exstra a mouth for them  to  build something bomb proof that they should have done after Sandy almost  10 years ago is really going to kill me .  They rase the rates anyway :)   

13 minutes ago, Storm914 said:

Nature not the ones supost to be suppying the power around here after Sandy the power company'  had years to fix this problem

You haven't had it bad yet...try three days with no power, on a well (no water) , no restaurants close, all hotels are booked, no school, and two teenage daughters that can't blow dry their hair. Nature rules not the power companies.

Maybe you will appreciate it when you do get it back.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Steve D said:

You haven't had it bad yet...try three days with no power, on a well (no water) , no restaurants close, all hotels are booked, no school, and two teenage daughters that can't blow dry their hair. Nature rules not the power companies.

Maybe you will appreciate it when you do get it back.

Yea so what am I paying all this extra high tax for here 

They just turn the power on here 

I guess they heard me .

:)

2 hours early 

Thank you con ed :)

Edited by Storm914

4 minutes ago, Storm914 said:

Your high taxes are going to support Cumo's wet dreams. Has nothing to do with the utilities. Everyone pays utilities & taxes...just yours are higher...you have my condolences.

Enjoy your electric.

storm.jpg

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Steve D said:

Your high taxes are going to support Cumo's wet dreams. Has nothing to do with the utilities. Everyone pays utilities & taxes...just yours are higher...you have my condolences.

Enjoy your electric.

storm.jpg

To be honest I like cumo leave  him out of this he is not Hilary:) or that nut job from NYC 

Not so much all his dreams  or policies like safe act bs 

But I think he is a godfella :)  generally speaking 

I like the guy 

Edited by Storm914
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Storm914 said:

To be honest I like cumo leave  him out of this he is not Hilary:) or that nut job from NYC 

6 minutes ago, Storm914 said:

I like the guy 

That explains a lot........Hope you and Andy sleep well tonight and may dreams of higher taxes dance in your head.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Steve D said:

That explains a lot........Hope you and Andy sleep well tonight and may dreams of higher taxes dance in your head.

Well when you consider that we live in a one party State and the other dems are a bunch of nutjobs all together.

Cumo is like gold to lead in comparison is what I mean.

Edited by Storm914

19 minutes ago, Storm914 said:

But I think he is a godfella :)  generally speaking 

I like the guy 

Ya know, if Andy liked YOU, as much as you like HIM, ya would have had the power on yesterday. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Storm914 said:

Cumo is like gold

There isn't enough hard drive space on this forum to address this issue so I am not even going to try. Might be something to discuss for a couple of hrs. over a beer but I would probably end up choking you. You  really should get out of the city and experience what some other people in the state think about him and his money grabbing policies.

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, grampy said:

Ya know, if Andy liked YOU, as much as you like HIM, ya would have had the power on yesterday. 

Trust me my next door neighbor is politically connected 

They no him would not be surprised that is why the power's on here before lots around me . 

But I think he is a godfella  generally speaking 
I like the guy 

That explains a lot!

If he was on fire I wouldn’t waste my piss on him!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Steve D said:

There isn't enough hard drive space on this forum to address this issue so I am not even going to try. Might be something to discuss for a couple of hrs. over a beer but I would probably end up choking you. You  really should get out of the city and experience what some other people in the state think about him and his money grabbing policies.

I here you but think about it this way when you have the system set up the way it is with NYC  having more say then the rest of the state . With all the parasites that live there

Does cumo or anyone trying to be governor in this state  really have a choice.  But to run as a dem ?  Imagine somebody like Bernie Sanders in there :)  or Elizabeth Warren or Nancy Pelosi to name a few .

Edited by Storm914

8 minutes ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

That explains a lot!

If he was on fire I wouldn’t waste my piss on him!

Be thankful we don't have Nancy Pelosi Bernie Sanders or Elizabeth Warren as governor .

We got about the best s h t sandwich out of the bunch the way i see it . It is what it is .

When you have basically a one-party system in the state .

He is about as good as your going to get.

43 minutes ago, NonTypical said:

Wow.........

The dems own this state  .

They can do what they want just saying .

It could be much worse then king andy .

:) just imagine if they  put up someone like Bernie Sanders as governor in this state. 

Which they have the power to do . Like it or not .

Edited by Storm914

Be thankful we don't have Nancy Pelosi Bernie Sanders or Elizabeth Warren as governor .
We got about the best s h t sandwich out of the bunch the way i see it . It is what it is .
When you have basically a one-party system in the state .
He is about as good as your going to get.

I don’t have to be thankful for anything, if one of those wackjobs were in charge I would bail. Sell my house for way more than I have in it. I can have my same job in 49 other states by the end of the month. The only thing keeping me here is I live where I live.

• Like 2

Our power did not go out, but we have a woodstove as a secondary heat source, and I also have a traditional kerosene heater as a back up to the woodstove.  Electricity or not, I'm not going to freeze when the power goes out and the furnace cannot run.

• Like 1

They just turn the power on here 
I guess they heard me .

2 hours early 
Thank you con ed

Lucky man. Still nothing with NYSEG. they saying 10-12" of snow Wednesday, So hopefully they restore power before then. I stopped at my house this morning on my way to nyc for work and it was down to 40° inside.

• Sad 2

17 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Lucky man. Still nothing with NYSEG. they saying 10-12" of snow Wednesday, So hopefully they restore power before then. I stopped at my house this morning on my way to nyc for work and it was down to 40° inside.

I hope by the end of the work day, you will be good to go at home buddy.

• Like 2

On 3/4/2018 at 8:28 AM, Storm914 said:

Never had power go out in winter in my life here .

Buy a generator that will never be used then have it probably fail from never being used no thanks we lived for thousands of years before electricity and indoor heating  I will manage for a few day . 

Because it cost money like it don't cost us money now ?

To buy electricity?

Con ed being scumbags 

Trump is right we are a first world country with 3erd world infostruction. 

I pay 50k a year in property tax these f ers  should bring a extension cord from the town hall to my house .

For the money I am forced to pay them .

Its because con is pretty much a, Monopoly that they don't put the lines underground. 

Lobbyists .

Yes our infrastructure is dated but works (for now). I am looking into converting my gas generator into a tri-fuel setup so I can run natural gas, propane, or gasoline. I would be able to run it for weeks with the ability to change fuels. Personally if I had a fireplace in my house I would be keeping a cord of wood just for backup heat. My current house I heat with wood so I wouldn't have an issue but in NY you need to have a backup plan we get such an array of weather one can never be sure of what will happen.

I will add with tri fuel you can run propane or natural gas and no carb issues from old gas.

Edited by chas0218
  • Like 1