N.y.s. budget passes

G-Man

2 minutes ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

My girlfriend works for DSS, I am not going to say exactly what part of it in this forum, but let me assure you, it happens every single day.

men not convicted of crimes have their guns taken. then after due process finds them innocent their guns are not returned? 

Edited by Belo

4 minutes ago, Belo said:

men not convicted of crimes have their guns taken. then after due process finds them innocent their guns are not returned? 

That's the problem right there.  Due process should come first.

10 minutes ago, Belo said:

Yes. I personally know one person that had their guns taken away because of a text message he sent when he was pissed off, ended up with a temporary RO, that expired and was not renewed, but still has not gotten his guns back. The original RO was filed close to 3 years ago, and expired after 6 months. He was never charged or convicted of anything.

BTW, it was all of his guns, he didnt own any handguns. Just the usual hunting rifles, shotguns and a ML.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Belo said:

Does the world really need another law to force people to go through legal and bureaucratic hell just to own a gun? What's the matter with people that would make excuses for such citizen abuse?

10 minutes ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

My girlfriend works for DSS, I am not going to say exactly what part of it in this forum, but let me assure you, it happens every single day.

I mentioned that before but most ignored it, this law lowers the bar for what can cause confiscation and extends it even further.  It’s not just DV either, here’s a scenario. Two guys get into a bar fight over which of Moogs paintings is the best, one chokes the other one out and pleads guilty to a misdemeanor charge. Guess what, his guns are gone especially if he had a history of violence in the past. 

And that’s why you use a sock with butter to beat your foes in the stomach with, leaves no proof. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

Yes. I personally know one person that had their guns taken away because of a text message he sent when he was pissed off, ended up with a temporary RO, that expired and was not renewed, but still has not gotten his guns back. The original RO was filed close to 3 years ago, and expired after 6 months. He was never charged or convicted of anything.

BTW, it was all of his guns, he didnt own any handguns. Just the usual hunting rifles, shotguns and a ML.

did he threaten her in said text? Has he hired a lawyer to get his guns back? Has his right to buy new guns been revoked? 

9 minutes ago, Doewhacker said:

I mentioned that before but most ignored it, this law lowers the bar for what can cause confiscation and extends it even further.  It’s not just DV either, here’s a scenario. Two guys get into a bar fight over which of Moogs paintings is the best, one chokes the other one out and pleads guilty to a misdemeanor charge. Guess what, his guns are gone especially if he had a history of violence in the past. 

And that’s why you use a sock with butter to beat your foes in the stomach with, leaves no proof. 

the way I read this "new law" it was specific to domestic violence. 

30 minutes ago, Belo said:

still hearsay. 

well if you're with some psycho bitch, you're paying anyhow. Why did the 1 not get his guns back?

I think he had some  fireworks he got for the 4 th of July  and she told the cops and he  got in trouble for that not exactly sure  But I know the guy is not violent at all  btw this was his  wife at the time that did this to the poor guy and they have kids .

She was cheating on him to 

Edited by Storm914

10 minutes ago, Belo said:

the way I read this "new law" it was specific to domestic violence. 

Right, remember I mentioned history of violence in the past ie a DV charge. 

Ex, my in laws are both nuts threaten me and I pop him in the nose and get a RO against me. Years later I’m in court for fighting over Moogs art, guess what, I have a DV history all of a sudden and poof guns are gone. 

9 minutes ago, Storm914 said:

I think he had some  fireworks he got for the 4 th of July  and she told the cops and he  got in trouble for that not exactly sure  But I know the guy is not violent at all  btw this was his  wife at the time that did this to the poor guy and they have kids .

She was cheating on him to 

Cool story bro

53 minutes ago, Doewhacker said:

Right, remember I mentioned history of violence in the past ie a DV charge. 

Ex, my in laws are both nuts threaten me and I pop him in the nose and get a RO against me. Years later I’m in court for fighting over Moogs art, guess what, I have a DV history all of a sudden and poof guns are gone. 

i know we're kinda in the weeds on this, but if it's self defense you wouldn't be convicted. I will restate, that I understand this is a slippery slope and I understand the concern. I just think some of us make bad choices and don't want to deal with the consequences. We should be all about taking guns from the bad. It's the bad guys that ruin the fun for the rest of us. Keep your head down and nose clean and you have a good chance of not ending up in a situation where your guns are in jeopardy. 

41 minutes ago, grampy said:

Does anyone actually believe that NYS, would pass a NEW law, to make it HARDER, to take away our guns? All you need to do, is look who the ringmaster is, at the circus that is NYS. Come on now.........

We all know what King Andy's agenda is. What I find confusing is the few stories members have brought forward prior to this law. Like it's been in place anyhow? Shit guys, if your girl is crazy at least hide a gun or 2. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Belo said:

i know we're kinda in the weeds on this, but if it's self defense you wouldn't be convicted. I will restate, that I understand this is a slippery slope and I understand the concern. I just think some of us make bad choices and don't want to deal with the consequences. We should be all about taking guns from the bad. It's the bad guys that ruin the fun for the rest of us. Keep your head down and nose clean and you have a good chance of not ending up in a situation where your guns are in jeopardy. 

We all know what King Andy's agenda is. What I find confusing is the few stories members have brought forward prior to this law. Like it's been in place anyhow? Shit guys, if your girl is crazy at least hide a gun or 2. 

Basically they loosened up the law even more and broadened it so it encompasses more ways to get someone’s guns than before. 

I can’t help but notice NY did nothing with mental health care or anything surrounding mental health and guns. Why? Because it won’t help their agenda on guns and their inner city voters ain’t buying that. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Belo said:

did he threaten her in said text? Has he hired a lawyer to get his guns back? Has his right to buy new guns been revoked? 

Kind of, thats the way it was interpreted by a judge. No. Im not sure.

Still, no charges, no conviction. Just a 6 month refrain from communicate type RO.

well if you're with some psycho bitch, you're paying anyhow. Why did the 1 not get his guns back?

Well if you want to hear what my best buddy and hunting partner that is a Watertown cop and also on the drug task force does when called on these kind of calls I am sure he would have no problem filling you in. He is one of those ones stuck between a rock and a hard spot. Knows it's useless crap pulling guns out of a house and going thru hours of paperwork but has to do the job. Like I said. Keep riding right along with those Anti's

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good ole Rich got back to me :cheese:

Dear Neighbor, 

Thank you for your email about the impact of proposed legislation to expand the use of Crossbows in New York State. 

While this provision was included in the Senate One-House budget, it was not included in the final enacted budget that was recently adopted. As a result, this expansion will not become law at this time. 

Thank you again for contacting me, and should this issue arise again I will continue to keep your views in mind. 

Sincerely, 

raw?appid=YMailNorrin&ymreqid=c44a6cf3-52be-08c1-1cd6-e10001018500&token=zitEzqOML3j84e6ealFTT5U7-km5qEQF52lp7AcCuBaLdAbsNPq3uTBBtYwIrhiyAxu-lwxTd_JwFD1Qzt8ucsNEEqAKWw4MNxy3vU6dw2b45m1mvDatQsFdD6xwgldlraw?appid=YMailNorrin&ymreqid=c44a6cf3-52be-08c1-1cd6-e10001018500&token=zitEzqOML3j84e6ealFTT5U7-km5qEQF52lp7AcCuBaLdAbsNPq3uTBBtYwIrhiyAxu-lwxTd_JwFD1Qzt8ucsNEEqAKWw4MNxy3vU6dw2b45m1mvDatQsFdD6xwgldl 
Senator Rich Funke, 55th District