They certainly will take them away.

It will be interesting to see exactly how they define "assault weapon" in the context of this law since anything used to assault someone is technically an "assault weapon". Would I have to have my hands or feet amputated and surrender them as well? Would I have to get rid of my kitchen knives? Or my chainsaws? Or my vehicle...?

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Steuben Jerry said:

Just saw this. Surrender them or face a $1000/day fine.

Nah, they don't want to take your guns away...

http://insider.foxnews.com/2018/04/04/town-near-chicago-votes-ban-assault-weapons-high-capacity-magazines

I saw an article about it that cited the actual law I will see if I can find it. But the thing is, there is nothing in the law saying that police will confiscate the gun. So that means you can keep it and be charged with a fine. After being tried for a crime you can not be tried for the same crime. So it is basically a $1000 registration fee for an "assault weapon". In reality if you have a 10 rnd. fixed mag they can't do crap according to that law. It reads "more than 10" not 10 or more.

Edited by chas0218

1 hour ago, chas0218 said:

So it is basically a $1000 registration fee for an "assault weapon".

Yeah, but $1000 per day. Wish I could find the other article (it was a link on FB). The councilman or whomever it was being quoted, mentioned the potential of tacking unpaid fines to you property tax bill. Which means you could risk tax foreclosure for non-payment, right?

Found this:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/suburbs/deerfield/news/ct-dfr-deerfield-assault-weapon-ban-tl-0412-story.html

But can't seem to locate what the actual law reads. But seems pretty clear from this.

Looks more and more like they are chipping away at the small things they can seeing they haven't been able to remove the 2nd Amendment completely.

3 hours ago, Steuben Jerry said:

Yeah, but $1000 per day. Wish I could find the other article (it was a link on FB). The councilman or whomever it was being quoted, mentioned the potential of tacking unpaid fines to you property tax bill. Which means you could risk tax foreclosure for non-payment, right?

I thought it was just $1000 fine not per day. I'll have to try and find it again. Not sure how a town law could supercede the state, maybe we need to contact our mayors instead of congressmen to have them sign laws into effect that allow us to have semi automatic rifles with any feature. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, chas0218 said:

maybe we need to contact our mayors instead of congressmen to have them sign laws into effect that allow us to have semi automatic rifles with any feature. 

Now that's a good idea! I'm pretty sure our town supervisors are more in line with that than Herr Cuomo! At least down here in the southern tier.

Edited by Steuben Jerry
  • Like 1

On 4/5/2018 at 3:27 PM, Steuben Jerry said:

Now that's a good idea! I'm pretty sure our town supervisors are more in line with that than Herr Cuomo! At least down here in the southern tier.

But seriously if town laws supercede the state why hasn't anyone done it? I am all for it and I bet if they put it on the ballot come November a lot of other people would be too. Here is another idea, you want people to get to the poll and vote out Cuomo add it to the ballet I bet a lot more gun owners show up to the polls then. Just an idea.

Edited by chas0218