Be Careful with your answers

fasteddie

I just received a survey to fill out from the Center For The Study of Services . There are several questions about having problems due to "emotional problems" . This makes me think that it could be similar to a doctor asking you if you were or ever was depressed and open the door to show that you shouldn't have any firearms .  Anyone doing a survey like this should use extreme caution . At least that's my opinion . 

To your point, this makes me very nervous that mental health issues will become a greater issue in the US. So many, way more than most would expect, are on some type of anti-depression/anxiety concoction to keep them balanced. (Whether or not you believe the necessity of this treatment is irrelevant to my concern-try to put that aside).

Who deems some unfit to have a firearm? Who decides which RX is “dangerous” to then not own a firearm ?

How many hunters who benefit from a mild anti-depressant/anxiety med would STOP taking their meds, stop seeing a shrink, stop treatment that makes them more stable in order to keep their firearm?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On ‎4‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 10:51 AM, fasteddie said:

I just received a survey to fill out from the Center For The Study of Services . There are several questions about having problems due to "emotional problems" . This makes me think that it could be similar to a doctor asking you if you were or ever was depressed and open the door to show that you shouldn't have any firearms .  Anyone doing a survey like this should use extreme caution . At least that's my opinion . 

Took a quick look at their website.. I would not tell them anything..based in DC , deep in the swamp.

Key Findings

• 1 in 5 Adults have a mental health condition. That's over 40 million Americans; more than the populations of New York and Florida combined.
  • Youth mental health is worsening. Rates of youth with severe depression increased from 5.9% in 2012 to 8.2% in 2015. Even with severe depression, 76% of youth are left with no or insufficient treatment

I always have fun with forms of all sorts . If it says “circle one” I draw a circle around “ one “ .

Latley I’ve been going to a few Drs. , they now ask “language preferred “ , I always put , gibberish . Only one caught it so far, I told him that’s just to see if they read everything on the form .