Did I ACTUALLY find leeks???

mowin

Ok,. Hopefully I can redeem myself from the last ” are these leeks" question.  

So did I actually find some.   Didn't dig any, as there was a gobbler only a 100 yrds away. But I did manage to snap a pic.   No I didn't get the gobbler. 

I did however break off a leaf and it had a onion smell.  

So, in the hopes I don't make a fool of myself, again, here's a pic.   

IMG_20180504_062215564.jpg

• Like 2

I was just out wandering the woods today near my camp, and was finding them everywhere. My concerns: how many should you remove, how do they propagate? 

When is the best time to dig them, from the stand point of optimal size/ eating?

I was just out wandering the woods today near my camp, and was finding them everywhere. My concerns: how many should you remove, how do they propagate? 
When is the best time to dig them, from the stand point of optimal size/ eating?

Crazy thing is they disappear pretty quickly it seems. I loaded up this year off a pretty big area near my house. Was in the woods earlier this week looking for shrooms(found none) and passed the area where the ramps were running wild 10-12 days ago. I had to look hard to find the area where they were.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk