Masterpiece Love

Got out one of my favorite handguns a couple of weeks ago, my old S&W Model 17 K22 Masterpiece 22 revolver and did some plinking. One of the first handguns I purchased and one of my most used. Highly accurate, so much so I used it in "bullseye" competition target shooting the first year I was involved in a league. Mostly I used her for hunting and have taken quite a few chucks and rabbits, some frogging, but where it really earned it's keep was when I went Coon hunting. I hunted by myself much of the time and the model 17 carried in a shoulder holster instead of lugging around a rifle made it much easier for me to handle a couple of hounds on a leash going through the woods at night.

Anyhow after cleaning the old gal up I noticed the original magna grips were marred up a little, I was just going to refinish them but decided to treat the old gun to a new set of custom old style magna grips made of rosewood with the diamond pattern in the checkered panel. I always liked the look of the old style grips better.

Al

001.JPG

s-l1600 (15).jpg

Edited by airedale
  • Like 6

I never really got into that, Airedale. I did some checkering and built some TC Contender stocks/grips.

Doing custom slabs is something I really should look into. I'm not very mobile these days, but I think I could could still stand at the table saw and slice and sand a few pieces of wood every week or so. and the checkering is all done sitting down. ;-]

You've inspired me Airedale!! Thanks!! If I jump in, you'll be getting a present in the mail!

• Like 2