Gun Ownership Up & Violent Crime Down per FBI

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Plaxico Burris is a convicted felon who has already proven to have no respect for gun laws and is a danger to himself and others.  Does that eliminate him or make him the perfect candidate?

Hahahaha!! Now that's funny!!  When you boil it down to what many NRA members really want, which is NO gun control, then he would be the perfect candidate!!  One minor mishap with a loaded gun shouldn't disqualify him.  Maybe they could do a video where Nugent teaches him gun safety? 

Plaxico pledged to promote gun safety.  Then again, Michael Vick vowed to bring awareness about dog fighting.  I have yet to see anything from him on that subject and Vick's been out, what?  Over a year?  Plaxico caught the winning touchdown so I'll cut him some slack.  Vick, on the other hand, is a Philly so screw him.

Plaxico pledged to promote gun safety.  Then again, Michael Vick vowed to bring awareness about dog fighting.  I have yet to see anything from him on that subject and Vick's been out, what?  Over a year?  Plaxico caught the winning touchdown so I'll cut him some slack.  Vick, on the other hand, is a Philly so screw him.

Toruk, like the way you think.

Dave

If some of you don't like government, taxes and things like that, why don't you get into your row boats and invade an uninhabited island in the south pacific somewhere and live there?  That might be your only chance of living in a place where you don't have a government or taxes because they are here to stay in the good old USA.  Actually I think some of you would fit in quite well with the coconuts that grow in those places.  LOL

Steve where should we sent the 50% of workers who pay no federal tax? Or do you think the rest of the tax payers should foot the bill for them? I think those coconuts got in their boats and came here so we could support them. So 50% of workers pay no federal tax, the gov't misappropriates our tax dollars, most of the state gov't, county and local gov'ts are in debt. You think this is a good system? Who pays for all this mess the tax payers.

Dave

Nope, never said it was an efficient system, only that it's the system that is here to stay.  Constantly bitching about it really won't solve anything.  You can vote different people into office, but in the long run nothing changes anyway.  This is part of living in a democracy which most of you cherish, yet are dissatisfied with anyway.  What can I tell you guys other than to try to look for a place that might be better?  Your forefathers came here and obviously liked what they saw and stayed.  If you now don't like what this country has become, no one is keeping you prisoner here.  Good luck finding something better.

So nobody is supposed to complain or express their dissatisfaction with the faults of our system? We are all supposed to fall in, lock step and never even try to change things for the better? You think that this government will always be the same? Wow steve, you dont strike me as a roll over and quit kind of guy, but maybe I have misjudged you. Im starting to think that you arent much of a student of history though.

So how does one change things in your opinion??  You vote someone else into office, try to tell others which way they should vote maybe?  Write letters to your representatives?  Has any of this changed things to EXACTLY the way you want them to be?  There are plenty of different opinions on any issue under the sun in this nation.  You guys realize you will never change everyones mind, don't you?  No, I don't roll over and quit, but I DO realize that society changes it's attitude on many things and will change some more in the future and sometimes for the better and sometimes not.  All the crying in the world won't change these peoples mind into going back to the "old days" like many here want.  When all of us old farts are dead and gone, the next generation will carry things forward the way they see fit for better or for worse.  Only so much we can do to change things or keep things the same.  The prior generation probably thought they were better than us, and now we think we are better than the next generation.  The same story told over and over just like a broken record.

You got part of it, get out there and vote, write your reps, make your voice heard. Of course things arent going to turn out EXACTLY the way I would like them to be, its not realistic to think that everything would be perfect, or perfect in my mind. I dont try to change everyones mind, but if I can make some of them think about things, maybe even see things in a different light, I feel like I made a difference. I can say that there have been some issues that I have spoken my mind about, written my reps, etc and things turned out the way I wanted them to. While my letter alone was not the catalyst for that change, it was part of it. I did my part, and thats all you can do. Taking up the attitude that you have no effective voice is the same as rolling over and giving up.

BTW, my history comment has nothing to do with things going back to "the old days". Im 35, I wasnt there for the old days.  ;)

If some of you don't like government, taxes and things like that, why don't you get into your row boats and invade an uninhabited island in the south pacific somewhere and live there?  That might be your only chance of living in a place where you don't have a government or taxes because they are here to stay in the good old USA.  Actually I think some of you would fit in quite well with the coconuts that grow in those places.  LOL

There is a difference between not trusting and not liking... governments are necessary and I have nothing against taxation... the abuses are what I don't like... I would say that as for coconuts... someone that calims to be a realist yet denies that there is a problem with taxation and misuse of government... either has spent his life kissing peoples asses and excepting whatever those people lay forth or doesn't have the capacity to realize when someone is taking advantage of him... either way that type of person is exactly the type of individual that a corrupt government likes... they can rob him blind and he loves them for doing it... or they can lie and he'll swear to it... King George would have been proud of you for remaining on the British side during the revolution Steve... even though it was the losing side.

There is a difference between not trusting and not liking... governments are necessary and I have nothing against taxation... the abuses are what I don't like... I would say that as for coconuts... someone that calims to be a realist yet denies that there is a problem with taxation and misuse of government... either has spent his life kissing peoples asses and excepting whatever those people lay forth or doesn't have the capacity to realize when someone is taking advantage of him... either way that type of person is exactly the type of individual that a corrupt government likes... they can rob him blind and he loves them for doing it... or they can lie and he'll swear to it... King George would have been proud of you for remaining on the British side during the revolution Steve... even though it was the losing side.

You know JACK $#!+ about my ancestry and even less about anything else. 

OUCH.. that must have really hit a nerve!! I wasn't talking about your ancestors I was talking about you... If your ancestors were American heroes.. I am sure they would be quite disappointed with your so called realitic view of America... and your stance on gun laws to get back to the subject.

Well it seems like usual you have missed the grander point here ny....all of you super patriots have done absolutely zero to change the way things are today. We still get screwed no matter what, and you can either get all red in the face over it or be accepting and play the cards you are dealt in life, and don't confuse that with rolling over and playing dead either. Unless all of you guys get elected you will not change a single thing ever.

You guys can't seem to see that if it were not for us fighting these battles over the past 4 decades, you guys wouldn't have any guns to shoot today.  Many things would be much worse in this land today if we had the defeatest attitude you guys seem to have.

One thing I don't expect from younger folks in America is gratitude, because most of them don't know jack about American history, especially recent history, including gun control since 1968.

And because they don't know, they are doomed to repeat it.

We could have done a lot more, and still could, if more gun owners were more interested in educating themselves on the threats they face, rather than accepting leftist anti-gun dogma and propaganda.

Well it seems like usual you have missed the grander point here ny....all of you super patriots have done absolutely zero to change the way things are today. We still get screwed no matter what, and you can either get all red in the face over it or be accepting and play the cards you are dealt in life, and don't confuse that with rolling over and playing dead either. Unless all of you guys get elected you will not change a single thing ever.

Not true... the sleeping giant is starting to wake up... it's a slow process... things change little by little... I wasn't dealt bad cards in life... my life is great... but that doesn't excuse the crap that is going on... and if everyone sits back and says nothing then thats exactly what they get... nothing... so, the grander point is... you only get screwed if you let yourself get screwed and if you're willing to accept the crap without speaking out then you ARE rolling over and playing dead... thats how we got here in the first place...

American citizens tend to get the type of government they deserve.  If the majority are clueless morons, you get a government like we have today.  It makes it very hard for the informed and educated to fix, because they can't just show morons the way, as they are too stupid to follow them out of the swamp.

Well boys I woke up today and I still have to pay too much in taxes and no one has come to take my freedoms. I didn't pass any giants on the way in to work either, must be he is still waking up.

And yet another 2nd grade response... your freedoms have already been taken you just aren't smart enough to see it... carry on puppet.

Well boys I woke up today and I still have to pay too much in taxes and no one has come to take my freedoms. I didn't pass any giants on the way in to work either, must be he is still waking up.

And yet another 2nd grade response... your freedoms have already been taken you just aren't smart enough to see it... carry on puppet.

hahaha not smart enough? I would be willing to bet my 7 year old has a higher IQ than you..hahaha

As long as you are the only smart one we will be OK. LOL  Doewacker is a dedicated husband, father, all around sensible and good guy, and last but not least, he has one heck of a good sense of humor.  The one thing a good many of you on the "right" side lack.  You boys must crap rocks or something to get you in such dispositions whenever someone counters your points of view in the slightest.