shots fired shots fired!!!!

rachunter

43 minutes ago, Steve D said:

Trying to hit someone or something while trying to control a car especially under those conditions is spray & pray. Luckily  he didn't injure any bystanders in the process. If he had you can bet the news would be all over it calling for his badge.

I hate to disappoint you but Annie Oakley and James Bond are not for real.

I believe the technical term for this specific situation is called a "Shit Sandwich". 

Why you are so angry about this officer's 18 shots from his vehicle that actually connected frequently enough to end the chase and not the 30+ shots that came from the suspects is beyond my comprehension.  Have a good one.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Jdubs said:

I believe the technical term for this specific situation is called a "Shit Sandwich". 

Why you are so angry about this officer's 18 shots from his vehicle that actually connected frequently enough to end the chase and not the 30+ shots that came from the suspects is beyond my comprehension.  Have a good one.

Come on you sound like a Liberal. It doesn't have to be an "either or" situation. one has nothing to do with the other. He can be angry about the criminals shooting and still voice concern about 18 extremely low percentage shots from the officer.

I applaud the bravery and efforts  of the officer and love the conclusion but the fact remains that the shots that connected were luck and "IF" his stray rounds had  impacts other than were they did, the outcome would be very different and public opinion on this would be 180. 

• Like 1

Opinions are ok to have, but to judge someone in this scenario from the comfort of your cellphone or computer is negligent. Hind sight is always 20/20 and we can pick the guy apart on details all day, but none of us were in that situation. He did what he had to do and it worked out for the best. Look how many of us screw up while hunting in a extremely low stress level situation, you do what you think is right at the time and live with the results.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

For what it’s worth , many years ago my car was totaled and I was hospitalized when a RPD car involved in a chase blew through a red light at a blind intersection ,at high speed and no siren .

Now while I feel the cop screwed up, by not stopping or slowing at intersection and his siren should have been on , I place the blame on the guy they were chasing , he was in E.D. Next to me, but he was there because he got a wood shampoo. 

Trying to hit someone or something while trying to control a car especially under those conditions is spray & pray. Luckily  he didn't injure any bystanders in the process. If he had you can bet the news would be all over it calling for his badge.
I hate to disappoint you but Annie Oakley and James Bond are not for real.
Annie Oakley wasn't real????

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/19/2018 at 8:33 AM, Culvercreek hunt club said:

Come on you sound like a Liberal. It doesn't have to be an "either or" situation. one has nothing to do with the other. He can be angry about the criminals shooting and still voice concern about 18 extremely low percentage shots from the officer.

I applaud the bravery and efforts  of the officer and love the conclusion but the fact remains that the shots that connected were luck and "IF" his stray rounds had  impacts other than were they did, the outcome would be very different and public opinion on this would be 180. 

That's cute, you think I'm a liberal.  Way off buddy. :rofl:

A couple posts back, you were speculating about the media calling for this guy's badge.  You seem awfully  bent that the LEO shot back at the bad guys and ended the chase.  Seems legit. /that's my conservative sarcasm speaking/

1 hour ago, Jdubs said:

That's cute, you think I'm a liberal.  Way off buddy. :rofl:

A couple posts back, you were speculating about the media calling for this guy's badge.  You seem awfully  bent that the LEO shot back at the bad guys and ended the chase.  Seems legit. /that's my conservative sarcasm speaking/

See that makes you sound liberal again. I didn't say you were a Lib I said that comment sounded like one.  I'd also like to see where I speculated about the media calling for this guys badge?  I mentioned public opinion but not the media. That makes you sound Lib too when you just make up your own facts

On ‎7‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 6:21 PM, Jdubs said:

Why you are so angry about this officer's 18 shots from his vehicle that actually connected frequently enough to end the chase and not the 30+ shots that came from the suspects is beyond my comprehension.  

On ‎7‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 6:21 PM, Jdubs said:

I am not angry because it turned out good;. but you can bet your "shit sandwich" if it hadn't and someone besides the suspect got hurt there would be public uproar. With all the cops available in almost any locality they could have found a better way to stop him is all I am saying.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

See that makes you sound liberal again. I didn't say you were a Lib I said that comment sounded like one.  I'd also like to see where I speculated about the media calling for this guys badge?  I mentioned public opinion but not the media. That makes you sound Lib too when you just make up your own facts

You're right, that comment was from Steve D.  My mistake.  

I stand by the assertion that you are WAY OFF calling me a liberal.  You don't have a clue that you don't have a clue on that one.

I mean hell, liberals hate LE and waste no time bashing them in the absence of facts.  Seattle, Baltimore, Chicago...the libs bash those departments constantly.  By contrast, every single comment I've posted here is very much in support of this officer's actions under extreme stress.  You don't like it?  Oh well.  

You're right, that comment was from Steve D.  My mistake.  
I stand by the assertion that you are WAY OFF calling me a liberal.  You don't have a clue that you don't have a clue on that one.
I mean hell, liberals hate LE and waste no time bashing them in the absence of facts.  Seattle, Baltimore, Chicago...the libs bash those departments constantly.  By contrast, every single comment I've posted here is very much in support of this officer's actions under extreme stress.  You don't like it?  Oh well.  

I guess reading comprehension isn’t your strong suit so you can understand the difference in what I actually said. Fair enough. You also aren’t going to find anyone that supports LEO more than I do. But my comment holds and is accurate. They were lucky hits. And if a bystander was hit the neighborhoods would have been flipping cars, burning and looting.
  • Like 1