New stock - ugly or nice?

2 hours ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

Nice that its free floated, but thats too bad on the weight. Way too heavy for my deer rifle, it would suck to carry still hunting.

Yeah, if and when I use it for deer it'll be just carried back and forth to a stand. One of the closer ones!

• Like 1

Put a box of 140 gr. core-lokts through it. The top pic is dialing the scope down at 200 yds. The closest to the bullseye are the last two shots. Bottom pic is at 300 yds with 140 grain Federal Fusions The two low shots were holding the crosshairs on the bullseye, the bullseye shot is holding the first BDC hash on the bullseye. Rang the gong a few times. The cheek piece is nice just a click or two up. The barrel got damn hot, didnt want to give any more clicks to the scope. It didn't help sitting in the full sun. Comfortable shooter from the lead sled. Very light trigger.

I think I like it a lot! I'll get used to the stock.

IMG_2808.JPG

IMG_2809.JPG

IMG_2810.JPG

• Like 4

Boyd's makes an excellent product for a reasonable price..

Gator, my Canadian hunting buddy, bought one for one of his Garands and it was a beauty....I  would like to get one to replace the somewhat beat up ( and poorly refinished by a former owner)  stock on my Garand.

I have been meaning to procrastinate about that, but I haven't got around to it yet....Hehehe...

• Like 1