Who here carries a weapon at all times

Hunter007

Glad it worked out for you but 
Laws are tricky you shot someone especially if it happens not in your house or property the cops may see it differently then your story its a dammed if you do,   dammed if you dont situation with guns alot of the time.
I rather just rely on my size and strength to handle things maybe when i get older i will think differently but until then not going to bother dont even think about  it . Dont even like the weight of my phome in my pocket  let alone a gun 

Not in today's world. If he would have had to shoot one of them jokers and any of them had any kind of rap sheet the shooting would have been warranted in the eyes of the law. I would guess the 3 were not sheet free.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18 minutes ago, Bill Schmidt said:

Storm914--  I am a big dude also-- still Dumbell curling 75 pounders with each arm at 58--- 59 next month. Size and strength will not get it done alone. In my 20s, I believed it would. I competed in Teenage Mr. America twice.                          As a former Martial Arts Teacher, I know how important self defense is for someone 40. If someone can legally carry-- that is up to them.  The problem today is that most violent altercations involve a knife. And all too often- young men in their 20s will  target people in their 40s and beyond.   Watch the video, I uploaded -- Black Belt In Prison to realize that size and youth are not a match for a knife in a seasoned (street) hand.

I know martial arts   by the way and worked as bouncer as a kid . 

Im in my 40s but have not lost my strength yet .

(But i see your point )and may start packing more then a keyknife when i get a little older, but only  if go to places that i think may be a problem. 

I dont like the extra weight of a sidearm on me . Like i side even my phone annoys me .

I know martial arts   by the way and worked as bouncer as a kid . 
Im in my 40s but have not lost my strength yet .
(But i see your point )and may start packing more then a keyknife when i get a little older, but only  if go to places that i think may be a problem. 
I dont like the extra weight of a sidearm on me . Like i side even my phone annoys me .

Lol there’s your problem, leave that damn phone in the truck and you’ll have all that extra load capacity. I don’t remember the last time my phone was in my pocket it goes from the house to the truck or in the bike.

• Haha 1

there's places where i just can't have things. like for work some days i'm greeted by government contracted "security" toting rifles with high capacity mags, safeact non-compliant accessories, and fun selector switches to ensure i'm not packing and dishonest with my intentions there.  if you're capable with the right mindset i think you should have something whenever you otherwise can though.

there's a lot of references to hand-to-hand ninja skills or physical prowess here. i've formally taken martial arts and later on boxing earlier in life. call me a skirt but i totally live life thinking the chick standing in the checkout line behind me or stranger walking down the street could very well have the skills to give me an a** whoopin.  not content relying on anything to be honest. lol if it came down to it i'd use what resources i had and hope for the best!

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

Lol there’s your problem, leave that damn phone in the truck and you’ll have all that extra load capacity. I don’t remember the last time my phone was in my pocket it goes from the house to the truck or in the bike.

You know what body  because i dont like carrying the extra weight i would probably    get  one of those tiny 22s that  many  think would suck for self defense   like  north american arms mini revolver lol 

Many here would laugh at that im sure .

Edited by Storm914

must be most of you guys have had your pistol permits for a while.  Here I was told that if I applied for anything other than "hunting, fishing hiking and target shooting" i would be denied.  Many of the counties i hear are like this now, esp the more populated ones.  While i hear that other counties esp up north will give out unrestricted.  Its such a ridiculous mess. 

must be most of you guys have had your pistol permits for a while.  Here I was told that if I applied for anything other than "hunting, fishing hiking and target shooting" i would be denied.  Many of the counties i hear are like this now, esp the more populated ones.  While i hear that other counties esp up north will give out unrestricted.  Its such a ridiculous mess. 

My wife and kids just got theirs and they are unrestricted. Cant get much further North up here.

Rob i think it is just Onondaga and Oneida that have asshole judges with the restrictions. My NY is sportsman, employment, employment. I can live 2 miles down the road and I could walk in and get an unrestricted in Oswego county in a week. Here in Onondaga it took 14 months. Stupid stuff.

14 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Get a lawyer to help because with out one a lot of places will jerk you around with out one i here . 

Edited by Storm914

22 minutes ago, Fletch said:

Rob i think it is just Onondaga and Oneida that have asshole judges with the restrictions. My NY is sportsman, employment, employment. I can live 2 miles down the road and I could walk in and get an unrestricted in Oswego county in a week. Here in Onondaga it took 14 months. Stupid stuff.

yeah i heard Onondaga is even tougher .  I have heard that since i work in Madison county that i can transfer permit to that county but just havent looked into it yet. Esp since the pistol office is 5 minutes from here and the Oneida co one is a 30 minute drive .  Just havent had a chance to change it.  But am planning on looking into.  

13 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

def not hiring a lawyer to spend money on a pistol permit.  Just to lose anyway - Judge will not allow anything else .  

You have to ask a lawyer in your area that specializes in gun laws . Like most things it costs $$  lots of bureaucracy involved  in lots of places in this state it is what it is . And it helps if you own a business or have reason that makes  you a target more then your average joe  that you need protection at all times . 

There really shouldn't be any grey area in the issuance of permits, but it depends on the politics of the particular judge that makes it a grey area, and whether or not they want to uphold the U.S. Constitution.

My permit was issued in 1981 in Wayne county and says: "LICENSE TO CARRY PISTOL IS HEREBY GRANTED.".  I haven't met a lawyer, judge, or LEO who thinks that statement is somehow restricted by certain conditions. My permit also states very clearly  that it is not valid in NYC. I've never been to NYC so I don't care what their rules are.

• Like 2

glad to hear for them.  Just ridiculous the difference in county regs doesnt seem right.     

Here in rensselaer county you really won't get one unrestricted to let you carry normally right from the start. We can take a post license evaluation course and then request that they be removed. Even then it has to be at least a year.

I agree though. It is absolutely ridiculous the standards vary so much county to county. I mean in a state as anti gun as this you'd think they'd get a handle on that.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Like 1