Molly Tibbits murder and illegal immigration

As you may know, police discovered the body of Molly Tibbits a few days ago in a cornfield In rural Iowa. Her murderer was an illegal immigrant working on a farm with false documentation. IMHO , this case is a shining example as to why we need stronger immmigration and border enforcement: build the wall !!

Such a shame and what a tragedy for her and her family

Your thoughts? 

26 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

The farmer should be charged as well. Farms all over this country are a big problem when it comes to illegal immigrants.  

Problem is that farms won't survive without illegals.  They can't afford to pay minimum wage or at least to find sufficient workers at that price.  We had a similar issue here with an illegal that killed his girlfriend.  Migrant workers on the apple farms. 

My wife is an immigrant and now naturalized but she went through the full legal process to get there and it ain't easy.  I support enforcement of our immigration laws and welcome those immigrants willing to do it legally.  I think its a bit of an overly broad statement to suggest that illegals are committing crimes at a greater rate than our citizens, but I could be proven wrong.  I just don't know the statistics.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

Problem is that farms won't survive without illegals.  They can't afford to pay minimum wage or at least to find sufficient workers at that price.  We had a similar issue here with an illegal that killed his girlfriend.  Migrant workers on the apple farms. 

My wife is an immigrant and now naturalized but she went through the full legal process to get there and it ain't easy.  I support enforcement of our immigration laws and welcome those immigrants willing to do it legally.  I think its a bit of an overly broad statement to suggest that illegals are committing crimes at a greater rate than our citizens, but I could be proven wrong.  I just don't know the statistics.

Good post.   One thing that isn't brought up often enough is that a major part of the problem with illegal immigration is that American employers hire them so readily and there really are few to no penalties given to these employers.  If employers knew they'd be penalized heavily for hiring them fewer would hire them and ultimately fewer illegals would flock in since they wouldn't find work as easily.   I've always had the opinion that a big part of the reason immigration laws (and they've been on the books well before Trump became president) have been so poorly enforced is because our government knew that it would hurt many American businesses if they didn't have this illegal work force.  So they just looked the other way and left things status quo.

I honestly think that someone other than an illegal could have committed the very same crime.  Not like we haven't seen legal whites, blacks and anyone else committing similar crimes before.  It was interesting to see the bold headline on FOX news almost happily announcing that it was an "illegal" who committed the crime, while over at CNN you had to dig deeper into the story to find them reluctantly announcing that it was indeed an illegal immigrant.  Typical BS attempt to brainwash it's readers into what they want them to believe from both sides of the political spectrum!

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

I agree moog, to me one of the biggest faults of this country is , if a illegal immigrant commits a crime there all bad or if a person goes on a shooting spree all guns and gun owners are bad . BUT having said that we need to stop the illegal activity of these immigrants coming in. 

To me it’s black and white if it’s illegal then you get punished. no gray area, that’s the biggest problem with laws being inforced in this country . I am so tired of hearing you can’t split the families up,if you or I commited a crime  you can dam be sure that judge / jury would not care about our wives and kids. 

Edited by rob-c
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, rob-c said:

I agree moog, to me one of the biggest faults of this country is , if a illegal immigrant commits a crime there all bad or if a person goes on a shooting spree all guns and gun owners are bad . BUT having said that we need to stop the illegal activity of these immigrants coming in. 

To me it’s black and white if it’s illegal then you get punished. no gray area, that’s the biggest problem with laws being inforced in this country . I am so tired of hearing you can’t split the families up,if you or I commited a crime  you can dam be sure that judge / jury would not care about our wives and kids. 

Honestly Rob, having spent a fair amount of time in true third world communities, I probably have more sympathy than many for the families trying to enter illegally.  There is such poverty and lack of a chance to get out of that life that I truly feel for these people that are just looking for a better life for their families.  I see those circumstances in my wife's own family.  But I digress.

That said, again, I believe they must follow the law like anyone else.  But I do not agree with the concept of taking kids away from parents during the deportation process when the only crime is entering illegally.  Without a doubt, we can show some humanity by returning the entire family intact.  Its beyond silly to have a situation where parents and kids lose track of each other because they are being deported.  It can and should be done as a single unit.  I don't think this is the same situation as one where an individual commits a crime that will result in individual jail time and the family has no choice but to be split up so the one can serve his time.  Here the remedy is deportation.  I would keep the family together while being deported.  And I a generally vote Republican and conservative.  Even Trump eventually figured out that splitting families was a bad idea.  You may disagree and I respect that.  My father and I had this same discussion.

• Like 1

Honestly Rob, having spent a fair amount of time in true third world communities, I probably have more sympathy than many for the families trying to enter illegally.  There is such poverty and lack of a chance to get out of that life that I truly feel for these people that are just looking for a better life for their families.  I see those circumstances in my wife's own family.  But I digress.
That said, again, I believe they must follow the law like anyone else.  But I do not agree with the concept of taking kids away from parents during the deportation process when the only crime is entering illegally.  Without a doubt, we can show some humanity by returning the entire family intact.  Its beyond silly to have a situation where parents and kids lose track of each other because they are being deported.  It can and should be done as a single unit.  I don't think this is the same situation as one where an individual commits a crime that will result in individual jail time and the family has no choice but to be split up so the one can serve his time.  Here the remedy is deportation.  I would keep the family together while being deported.  And I a generally vote Republican and conservative.  Even Trump eventually figured out that splitting families was a bad idea.  You may disagree and I respect that.  My father and I had this same discussion.
Send em all back together. Also they need to reform birthright to only apply if one or more biological parents are already citizens. Then they won't need to worry about splitting anchor babies from parents when the child is the citizen and parents are not.

You Can't Beat My Meat!!!

• Like 1