So, I guess This Is The Breakdown

As I have said and stood fast on, the bigger metro areas decide the vote. I find it hilarious, that Dems from "Up State NY" tried to vote Cuomo out, but WNY, CNY, DNY, and even the folks up north voted to keep this but head in office. I realize this was a strictly Democratic voting issue, but, there's no one who can unseat Andrew at this time.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2018/09/13/us/elections/results-new-york-primary-elections.html

15 minutes ago, Rattler said:

I'll bet Joseph Stalin would unseat Cuomo in a Democrat primary if he could run.

Doesn't matter. We have Cuomo for another term in the here and now, hes not official, but he will be. To many people talking shit and now we see where the problem lies.

The huge problem is, if you you look at that map, if Cuomo decided to run for POTUS, he would win. Not because he's good for America, but because the huge metro areas love him. 

7 hours ago, Rob... said:

Doesn't matter. We have Cuomo for another term in the here and now, hes not official, but he will be. To many people talking shit and now we see where the problem lies.

The huge problem is, if you you look at that map, if Cuomo decided to run for POTUS, he would win. Not because he's good for America, but because the huge metro areas love him. 

He might win NYS, because the urban population is stupid. But he would never win the country in a nationwide election. He's as stupid as his supporters, and the the majority of Americans reject that.

I'll wait for someone to mention that Hillary won the popular vote. It's not hard to get 3m votes in LA and SF from illegal aliens receiving financial benefits. Maybe next time we'll run the election according to the popular vote where only the coastal elites and the illegals have any say. Then again, I'd love to see a football game where the winner was decided by the number of first downs rather than the final score. I know what my strategy would be in that situation, and it wouldn't be very exciting, or very athletic. It also wouldn't prove a damned thing about the athleticism of either team, which is the point in the first place.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Rob... said:

I realize this was a strictly Democratic voting issue, but, there's no one who can unseat Andrew at this time.

What is really sad is the fact that roughly 74% of registered Democrats in the state did not even vote. That amounts  to roughly 26% of registered Democrats are making the decisions for their party.

If the same trend is followed in the elections it really makes people in general look stupid. As small as it may be each one of us has a tool to use and by not using that tool (a Vote) we succumb to a small minority making decisions that effect all of us.

Cuomo will continue to succeed because of our own stupidity,  lack of participation, and giving the minority the right to determine our future  not for his skills in leadership.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Steve D said:

What is really sad is the fact that roughly 74% of registered Democrats in the state did not even vote. That amounts  to roughly 26% of registered Democrats are making the decisions for their party.

And it will be the same in the general election, on both the democrat and republican side.  This is why I REFUSE to believe that it is the urban vote that keep guys like Cuomo in office.  Just look at the results of the election four years ago.  The NYC vote was not that huge and Astorino really didn't lose by that many votes. It could be surmounted if everyone upstate votes against Cuomo.  The key is to beat Cuomo in the general election.  Even if he somehow lost the primary what difference would it have made if Nixon won and then no one came out to vote against her in the general election?  She is probably even more radical than Cuomo.  

So far the Republican Party in this state has done JACK to promote Molinaro or give him any exposure.  It seems like they have pretty much thrown in the towel which is pathetic.  People won't be coming out to vote for him if they don't even know who the hell he is!!

• Like 1

I'll be voting for Molinaro.  Heck, I'd vote for anyone on the ballot opposing Cuomo, even if I didn't know who he was.

Will be voting Molinaro here as well. Not big on his over all views, but I'd vote for Grandpa Munster if it would unseat Cuomo.

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

I don't think there is much enthusiasm among Democrats for Cuomo. He failed to win the county I live in (Tompkins). I not sure how many of the folks that voted for Nixon will vote for Cuomo in the general election, but some will undoubtedly vote for one of the other choices or choose to not vote.

The upstate candidate for Lt. Governor beat the NYC candidate. It can be done.

Cuomo will be sure to win if we do nothing.

It looks like the dems are going to control both houses of the legislature, so if Cuomo is re-elected, we should expect all manor of oppressive gun control. We need to turn out the vote as if our gun ownership depends on it, because it does.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, philoshop said:

He might win NYS, because the urban population is stupid. But he would never win the country in a nationwide election. He's as stupid as his supporters, and the the majority of Americans reject that.

I'll wait for someone to mention that Hillary won the popular vote. It's not hard to get 3m votes in LA and SF from illegal aliens receiving financial benefits. Maybe next time we'll run the election according to the popular vote where only the coastal elites and the illegals have any say. Then again, I'd love to see a football game where the winner was decided by the number of first downs rather than the final score. I know what my strategy would be in that situation, and it wouldn't be very exciting, or very athletic. It also wouldn't prove a damned thing about the athleticism of either team, which is the point in the first place.

As for the urban/metro issue, I have been saying that all along. Some just don't get it. It's the big cities across the state that keep voting this guy in.

Liberals with money, and people living off the system who don't need the help.

I have said it before, and I will say it again. I am sick of people placing the blame on what they consider "Up State", when to them Manhattan is "Up State". 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Rob... said:

Will be voting Molinaro here as well. Not big on his over all views, but I'd vote for Grandpa Munster if it would unseat Cuomo.

That makes two of us

1 hour ago, Rob... said:

As for the urban/metro issue, I have been saying that all along. Some just don't get it. It's the big cities across the state that keep voting this guy in.

People bitching and NOT voting is what keeps getting him elected and gave us the safe act.

• Like 2

One good thing that came out of the Cuomo / Nixon fight (especially if you are not a NewYorker) is that Cuomo promised that he would not run for President in 2020.   That single statement will likely cause him great harm in the race if he changes his mind.  There is not much tolerance for "flip-floppers" in American politics these days.   

As far as Hillary winning the popular vote goes, probably no one mentioned it because most on this site know that Trump did not waste money on states that were not up for grabs.  I bet Hillary wishes that she hadn't.    

• Like 1

I have worked all over the country and there is no way king Cuomo would win a presidential election,go down south or out west and just his accent is enough to make people hate him.  I'll vote for Molinaro in Nov not because I like him but because he isn't a liberal.

• Like 1

In most ways NYS is just a big East Chicago. Concern for the citizenry, the rule of law, and the Constitution take a back seat to the personal power and bank accounts of the people who run it. It's like DC on a smaller scale. I don't know how to fix that.

I don't profess to have answers about fixing this mess, but I think that teaching basic civics in grade school rather than Marxist philosophy might be a good start. Hint, hint.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, philoshop said:

In most ways NYS is just a big East Chicago. Concern for the citizenry, the rule of law, and the Constitution take a back seat to the personal power and bank accounts of the people who run it. It's like DC on a smaller scale. I don't know how to fix that.

I don't profess to have answers about fixing this mess, but I think that teaching basic civics in grade school rather than Marxist philosophy might be a good start. Hint, hint.

First, Chicago is and had been a cess pool for a long time. All the laws they have created, have done nothing but make things worse. 

Second, I agree with the civics. But, we also need a school system that teaches civility, manners, and true freedom of speech without ridicule or getting your house burned down.

Left wing political nut jobs have done a huge amount of damage to this country. It's not irreversible, but it's not going to be easy to get done.

I want to add, there are some real nut cases on the right as well. I would post links, but this site has enough of them so I don't have to waste my time.

54 minutes ago, Rob... said:

First, Chicago is and had been a cess pool for a long time. All the laws they have created, have done nothing but make things worse. 

Second, I agree with the civics. But, we also need a school system that teaches civility, manners, and true freedom of speech without ridicule or getting your house burned down.

Left wing political nut jobs have done a huge amount of damage to this country. It's not irreversible, but it's not going to be easy to get done.

I want to add, there are some real nut cases on the right as well. I would post links, but this site has enough of them so I don't have to waste my time.

I don't understand your argument. I get that you're angry and lashing out, but at whom, exactly, are you lashing out? I don't get it. Please clarify.

10 minutes ago, philoshop said:

I don't understand your argument. I get that you're angry and lashing out, but at whom, exactly, are you lashing out? I don't get it. Please clarify.

I'm not angry, or trying to argue. I was just making a rebuttal. If it came off as I was angry I apologize. Reread what I posted, I don't see any hostility in my wording. Just a conversation.

On 9/17/2018 at 9:39 PM, philoshop said:

I read and reread your post several times before I even commented. It's a big part of what I do. You're angry, but you don't specify who your anger is directed toward. "I'm mad as hell..." can work two ways. Is it anger, or is it actually madness?

Um, where did I say I was mad as hell? Are you improvising my words now?

25 minutes ago, philoshop said:

Never mind Rob.

LOL! Nice, I never said what you implied I said. I really don't care. If you want to put me a situation or pigeon hole me on my context, then I would say yes, I am very frustrated with the way gun control laws are handled in NYS. But, that's not not my only issue, taxes, insurance, and welfare fraud rank right up there.

Carry on Phil. I am going on vacation. PM me your address I might send you a post card.