What would you have done.

Jeremy K

Coming in from Lake O last night in the dark , my father in law and i went out in his boat and casted just out of the mouth of olcott . Coming back in ,the last guy on the pier didn't bring his line in which caused it to get wrapped around our impeller . This guy swore and screamed at us for as long  he was still in eye sight . My father in law is a Gratwick river rat and grew up boating and fishing from boats his whole life . He said" I don't know what he wants me to do about it " . I would have kept going too if i was driving the boat , i'm not sure why this big mouth A-hole though it was ok to fish a channel and  not bring his line in when a boat came through . 

I've had this happen in the canal at Sylvan beach.  It's real narrow and people fish it from the edges. It's about wide enough for a couple boats to pass each other and be half a cast from each shoreline.  Well I must've hooked some guys line and he is running down the canal yelling at us.   I def didnt stop and said the same thing what do you want me to do?    I can't run into the other boat and I hooked this guy's hook and sinker.  Sorry.... 

You really had no other choice,  the guy on land was probably arrogant,  and full of himself anyways, seeing as how he left his line out in the boats travel paths....I look at it as if someone was playing hockey in the road, and left all their stuff blocking the road...you really expect the cars to wait until you're done playing hockey?  Same sort of deal with you, and the fisherman.  Fisherman should have just reeled in for 2 minutes for you to pass by.  The whole situation was just unnecessary.   

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Bionic said:

You really had no other choice,  the guy on land was probably arrogant,  and full of himself anyways, seeing as how he left his line out in the boats travel paths....I look at it as if someone was playing hockey in the road, and left all their stuff blocking the road...you really expect the cars to wait until you're done playing hockey?  Same sort of deal with you, and the fisherman.  Fisherman should have just reeled in for 2 minutes for you to pass by.  The whole situation was just unnecessary.   

He probably didn't want to set his beer down .

Edited by Jeremy K
  • Like 3

Those are the guys tight lining anyways. I have already been bashed for bashing that style of fishing, but I don't really care. Most "pier guys" are decent enough to know when to reel em in. But, there are plenty of guys that think boats have to stay outside since they have a boat but when the fish are in they are the only ones allowed to fish the pier area.

What would I have done.... Well, what seems more valuable, a 4$ Cleo or a prop, spline, impeller, water pump even motor???? All things that can get jacked up with fishing line twisted all in there. I'd have definately delivered his line back to him, especially if he was barking at me. Or maybe just tie it off to the boat and see if he has his cutters handy.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, TreeGuy said:

Those are the guys tight lining anyways. I have already been bashed for bashing that style of fishing, but I don't really care. Most "pier guys" are decent enough to know when to reel em in. But, there are plenty of guys that think boats have to stay outside since they have a boat but when the fish are in they are the only ones allowed to fish the pier area.

What would I have done.... Well, what seems more valuable, a 4$ Cleo or a prop, spline, impeller, water pump even motor???? All things that can get jacked up with fishing line twisted all in there. I'd have definately delivered his line back to him, especially if he was barking at me. Or maybe just tie it off to the boat and see if he has his cutters handy.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

We had about 100 yards of line still in the water when we pulled the boat out , i wrapped it up to throw away , the kicker was the line wrapped around the impeller was rigged with just a big ol treble hook  and one egg.

14 minutes ago, nodeerhere said:

I fished out on the pier all night last night. I pulled my line in when a boat came in. It wasn't like they were coming in and out every 2 minutes! U just can't fix stupid! 

Did you hear him screaming ? It would have been around 8/8:30 . He was at the very end ,east pier ,inland end of the pier.

Edited by Jeremy K
  • Like 1

Im dont know that area but i always try to give the shore guys a wide birth but its on them to get there lines out of the way, had issues before at slyvan beach on particular time i was tied up and parking was tight and a guy was fishing 5 or 10 feet on the wall in front of my boat i could not back up had to go forward he saw that i was leaving never moved his lines,,,, not my problem