brownclown

Taxi help asap

Recommended Posts

Got my best in 8years of bow. Last evening. Will put pic and story later but busy and racing cloxk. I have had on of my firsts done with by true life as that's who my butcher used and I knew nothing and it convient. Think they did an ok job. The processor I have this deer at recommends Andy Kinash and as of now that who will be picking it up but this morning my hunting buddy pushing me in another direction. Any one have any experience with him? Im in putnam county ny. The only other I have heard of is Jonas brothers and they want like 800 for shoulder which is put of my league. I don't mind paying up for quality work tho. I'm willing to travel up to and hour . Also any tips on handling when I get the cape from processor

 

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, brownclown said:

 

Got my best in 8years of bow. Last evening. Will put pic and story later but busy and racing cloxk. I have had on of my firsts done with by true life as that's who my butcher used and I knew nothing and it convient. Think they did an ok job. The processor I have this deer at recommends Andy Kinash and as of now that who will be picking it up but this morning my hunting buddy pushing me in another direction. Any one have any experience with him? Im in putnam county ny. The only other I have heard of is Jonas brothers and they want like 800 for shoulder which is put of my league. I don't mind paying up for quality work tho. I'm willing to travel up to and hour . Also any tips on handling when I get the cape from processor

 

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

 

 

 

My taxi just tells me to freeze the head and cape until I see him.  He prefers that we cape all the way down to ears so he is not defrosting a big hunk of neck.   So I just lower the cape and head in a contractors bag and put it in a chest freezer.  

976C0209-39EE-464C-817F-DC4BC594136F.jpeg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got my best in 8years of bow. Last evening. Will put pic and story later but busy and racing cloxk. I have had on of my firsts done with by true life as that's who my butcher used and I knew nothing and it convient. Think they did an ok job. The processor I have this deer at recommends Andy Kinash and as of now that who will be picking it up but this morning my hunting buddy pushing me in another direction. Any one have any experience with him? Im in putnam county ny. The only other I have heard of is Jonas brothers and they want like 800 for shoulder which is put of my league. I don't mind paying up for quality work tho. I'm willing to travel up to and hour . Also any tips on handling when I get the cape from processor
 
Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
 
 



Personally, I’m not a fan of Jonas Bros work. I have always used Kurt Fox in cold spring. I have also heard good things about Kevin’s Taxidermy over the border in CT. His stuff looks good too. I’ve never heard of Kinash.

Congrats on the buck! Let’s see the pics! Putnam or Westchester buck?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"The sportsman lives his life vicariously. For he secretly yearns to have lived before, in a simpler time. A time when his love for the land, water, fish and wildlife would be more than just part of his life. It would be his state of mind."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

True life in Middletown is my go to taxi.   I hear horror stories from other places.  The people who work there treat me like family as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks all. Gonna go with Kurt Fox. Doing a search saw several people recommend him. We Also happen to share a first name. He isn't the biggest of deer but I'm beyond happy for a 3N deer. Will post proper story when time allows. Tried to post a pic here but it saying choose Facebook or Google. Gonna have to figure all that out latter.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

$800 for a shoulder mount is outrageous! Sheesh. Confront and looking forward to the pics and recap!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

  • Like 1

I find a duck's opinion of me is very much influenced by whether or not I have bread

-Mitch Hedberg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, brownclown said:

Thanks all. Gonna go with Kurt Fox. Doing a search saw several people recommend him. We Also happen to share a first name. He isn't the biggest of deer but I'm beyond happy for a 3N deer. Will post proper story when time allows. Tried to post a pic here but it saying choose Facebook or Google. Gonna have to figure all that out latter.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
 

You won’t be disappointed , in fact you’ll be surprised how good it will look. He recently did a coyote for me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Thanks all. Gonna go with Kurt Fox. Doing a search saw several people recommend him. We Also happen to share a first name. He isn't the biggest of deer but I'm beyond happy for a 3N deer. Will post proper story when time allows. Tried to post a pic here but it saying choose Facebook or Google. Gonna have to figure all that out latter.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk




Tell Kurt Tommy and Hank said hi! He’s done probably 30-40 animals for us


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"The sportsman lives his life vicariously. For he secretly yearns to have lived before, in a simpler time. A time when his love for the land, water, fish and wildlife would be more than just part of his life. It would be his state of mind."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

 

 


Tell Kurt Tommy and Hank said hi! He’s done probably 30-40 animals for us


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

 

Shoot that 8 point and tell him yourself :pleasantry:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Apparently Westchester seems to be the wrong part of NY lol

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk



But Westchester has the NYS record typical with a bow.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"The sportsman lives his life vicariously. For he secretly yearns to have lived before, in a simpler time. A time when his love for the land, water, fish and wildlife would be more than just part of his life. It would be his state of mind."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

 


But Westchester has the NYS record typical with a bow.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

 

Yorktown I believe. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bologna!

 

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

 

 

No it’s not

 

 

https://www.nyantler-outdoors.com/record-whitetail-bucks.html

 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


"The sportsman lives his life vicariously. For he secretly yearns to have lived before, in a simpler time. A time when his love for the land, water, fish and wildlife would be more than just part of his life. It would be his state of mind."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Yorktown I believe. 


Says Ytown, but supposedly was shot in lower Westchester


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

"The sportsman lives his life vicariously. For he secretly yearns to have lived before, in a simpler time. A time when his love for the land, water, fish and wildlife would be more than just part of his life. It would be his state of mind."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

 


Says Ytown, but supposedly was shot in lower Westchester


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

 

I thought it was off Route 202

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I thought it was off Route 202


I don’t know for sure. I always heard rumors of a spot in Lower Westchester


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"The sportsman lives his life vicariously. For he secretly yearns to have lived before, in a simpler time. A time when his love for the land, water, fish and wildlife would be more than just part of his life. It would be his state of mind."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/28/2018 at 11:51 AM, The_Real_TCIII said:

$800 for a shoulder mount is outrageous! Sheesh. Confront and looking forward to the pics and recap!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

my buddy paid a guy that was retired from it up in northern VT $850 for his shoulder mount with leg arrow holder. he intentionally asked him as he won awards upon awards and it was a buck of a lifetime. over 200" buck i've posted here before.


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://arforny.com

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.