Ignorance in America

"The ignorance about our country is staggering. According to one survey, only 28% of students could identify the Constitution as the supreme law of the land. Only 26% of students knew that the first 10 amendments to the Constitution are called the Bill of Rights. Fewer than one-quarter of students knew that George Washington was the first president of the United States. ... Ignorance and possibly contempt for American values, civics and history might help explain how someone like Barack Obama could become president of the United States. At no other time in our history could a person with longtime associations with people who hate our country become president. ... The fact that Obama became president and brought openly Marxist people into his administration doesn't say so much about him as it says about the effects of decades of brainwashing of the American people by the education establishment, media and the intellectual elite." --economist Walter E. Williams

• Like 1

"It's a common refrain among those who lust to increase government's size and power: Every failed measure justifies more of the same. Poverty programs make it harder to escape poverty? We need more poverty programs! Racial preferences heighten racial division? We need more racial preferences! And a diversity manual for every janitor in the country! When ObamaCare ends up driving the costs of medicine up and the quality and availability down, you can bet the people who created that monstrosity will claim it failed only because it didn't go far enough. Let's generalize this into the First Rule of Liberalism: Government failure always justifies more government." --Wall Street Journal columnist James Taranto

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The day is soon coming when everyone will ask.. what the hell just happened? While they are not paying attention and feeling all fat and happy... all of a sudden in 2 years... gas goes from $1 a gallon to $4... monthly health insurance premiums rise 50% ... the national debt is out of control... unemployment is 9% from 4%... yet... all the government people that are suppose to watch these things... are still employed and most very wealthy, get free health care, don't pay for gas but travel instead on our dollar, and refuse to stop spending so much money keeping the country in debt... and there still are some here that don't see any of it as a problem... I think maybe that might be the problem

Seriously guys, if you dont like VJP's posts, dont read them. Enough with the personal shots in every thread.

I guess we all need a "get out out of jail free card".

Nevertheless, VJP is the ultimate baiter. He is and i dare you to disagree that he is one of the many "poster children for the lunatic fringe".

This is a NY hunting website, not a forum for political expression by a lone individual.

Easily we can  elect to ignore such posts, however such topics are out there for all to see and many cannot refrain from commenting.

Anything he posts to this website warrants a rebuttal be it positive or negative.

If the moderators elect to allow such posts by this individual,(and others) they should be prepared to suffer he consequences!

Moderate the site, is all I can say, See ya!

Well commenting or disagreeing with the topic is fine, but just throwing a personal insult in the thread is another. Im not trying to pick on you wztirem, as there are others that have been doing the same thing.

As for the political threads, as long as they stay in the politics forum, they are fine.

WZ's last post is real endorsement for the 1st Amendment if I ever heard one.  Are NY hunters not part of the country as a whole, or do they just not care about the Fedeal Government and it's impact on their freedoms?

The uneducated, brainwashed and uninformed have been calling the aware, the "lunatic fringe", since before Paul Revere.  Eventually their offspring come to see that fringe is who they have to thank for their freedoms. One can make a very good case that Progressive Liberalism is today's lunatic fringe much more intelligently than a case can be made against conservatism.

If you really think you have a case to prove lunacy in a post, challenge the post and it's content with one that intelligently discusses it.  If you can not do that, and just insult the person who posted it, you are being a low life asking others to side with you based on nothing but your belief that you are superior in your intellect and status.  Maybe you are.  But unless you can verbalize why that is so, I doubt it.

I prefer to keep debates on the high road.  I don't wish to wallow in the mud with anyone, but won't allow anyone to throw me into it without a fight either.  If you can refrain from insults on this forum, I can refrain from them also.  If not, you get what we have here.

Yep, you are an expert at it. You seem to be good at throwing the first stone Mr Glass House. If you care to argue the merit of my statement, feel free to shoot me a PM, Id be happy to discuss it with you.

If by calling me Mr. Glass House, you mean that i have nothing to hide, i'd take that as a compliment.  Otherwise, I haven't found much merit in anything you post.  But, you seem to have an ax to grind with me.  So, whatever you'd like to say, say it on the open forum.

Yep, you are an expert at it. You seem to be good at throwing the first stone Mr Glass House. If you care to argue the merit of my statement, feel free to shoot me a PM, Id be happy to discuss it with you.

If by calling me Mr. Glass House, you mean that i have nothing to hide, i'd take that as a compliment.  Otherwise, I haven't found much merit in anything you post.  But, you seem to have an ax to grind with me.  So, whatever you'd like to say, say it on the open forum.

Youve never hear the expression regarding throwing stones and glass houses?  ::)

The only axe I have to grind with you is because you dont do much more than talk down to people and throw out insults here in the political forum. You are just another internet troll.

How dare poeple post political thoughts on a political forum.

Bubba, I think they should have a thread for just Politics period. Not to confuse hunting and politics being lumped together. That way if you see a post under the politics section you know it has nothing to do with hunting. And we know who we can put in charge of that thread. Just my humble opinion.

Dave

Bubba, I think they should have a thread for just Politics period. Not to confuse hunting and politics being lumped together. That way if you see a post under the politics section you know it has nothing to do with hunting. And we know who we can put in charge of that thread. Just my humble opinion.

Dave

What about the political stuff that does have something to do with hunting? It's much easier for us not to have to babysit you Dave and you can just avoid the threads you don't like on your own... or maybe John can rebuild the whole forum so that it meets your needs... and then after that he can check with you to make sure it meets your approval... It must be terrible not to be able to resist the temptation to click your mouse on a thread that doesn't even interest you.

Virgil would be better off on a politics forum website in the hunting section. Seriously, your like a hippie in a biker bar complaining about loud pipes. you contribute very little to the rest of this forum, just read your last 80 posts. 1 was about a bow that you had, and the other (number 80something) was you not understanding something blatantly obvious regarding a DEC change to the seasons. THE REST WERE YOU PISSING ON YOUR OWN FOOT IN THE POLITICS SECTION. I'm still shocked that WNY actually got you to post on the weekend. Troll on my friend...

This has gotten off topic but reminds me of an old work related incident .........

One of the guys used to bring in copies of Playboy Magazine and keep them in his locker . At lunch time he would break them out and peruse through them . One of the other guys picked one up , saw the pictures and said , "oh , this is terrible" ! Page after page he would repeat , "oh , this is terrible" ! Finally another worker said , "then why the hell do you keep looking at it" ?

I don't agree with a lot of the political views and if I wasn't a moderator I probably wouldn't even bother to look at them .

Dave

What about the political stuff that does have something to do with hunting? It's much easier for us not to have to babysit you Dave and you can just avoid the threads you don't like on your own... or maybe John can rebuild the whole forum so that it meets your needs... and then after that he can check with you to make sure it meets your approval... It must be terrible not to be able to resist the temptation to click your mouse on a thread that doesn't even interest you.

Joe, thanks for supporting me in this matter , I didn't know you cared so much. Never see you go out of your way for the rest of the members. You must truly like me. You are my new best friend. Lets do lunch one of these days.

Dave

For those of you who don't think these political issues have anything to do with hunting, consider this,  how long after the people allow the government to trash the Constitution do you think it will be before they decide to make gun ownership and hunting, for all but the powerful and politically connected, impossible?

Do some research on European countries and what they did after WWII, as far as gun ownership and hunting goes, and maybe you'll see a parallel to what is happening in the US today.  The only thing slowing them down is the US Constitution, the 2nd Amendment and those of us who refuse to allow them to ignore it. 

Many gun owners and hunters refuse to extrapolate into the future, when their rights are slowly and marginally eroded.  Giving up any amount of your rights, is an invitation for the government to come back for more.  Anyone out there really think hunting is not already targeted for extermination in America?

The government's policy is to do it little by little, like plucking one feather from a bird each day.  The bird will not protest or worry about it too much, until one day it realizes it cannot fly.  By then of course, as in the game of chess, it is check mate.  The government is not your friend and vigilance is the price of freedom.  Be thankful there are a lot of us who are wide awake.

Don't believe and don't fight back if you want, but don't criticize those of us who refuse to allow it to happen.

• Like 1