goosifer

Favorite holiday cookie (pics)

Recommended Posts

My favorite is 7 layer cookies aka Hello Dolly bars. When my mom made them when I was a kid, she called them 7 layer cookies. When I told my wife about them, she said they are the same thing as Hello Dolly bars. She made some for me this week. For Christmas, I've fallen off the keto wagon and am laying in the ditch with cookies.

 

IMG_20181225_085849835.jpg

  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mrs TF takes a week off before Christmas every year to bake , bake and bake.  I help by staying out of her hair and the kitchen   Shortbread, cut outs , dark n light sponge candy , peppermint bark , peanut butter cups , hazelnut cups , cranberry jellies , sea salt chocolate caramels and 3 different biscotti ( choc chip ginger - cranberry pistachio and cappuccino) 

image.jpg

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Mrs TF takes a week off before Christmas every year to bake , bake and bake.  I help by staying out of her hair and the kitchen   Shortbread, cut outs , dark n light sponge candy , peppermint bark , peanut butter cups , hazelnut cups , cranberry jellies , sea salt chocolate caramels and 3 different biscotti ( choc chip ginger - cranberry pistachio and cappuccino) 

image.jpg

Like that little snow man. Fancy decorating.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Mrs TF takes a week off before Christmas every year to bake , bake and bake.  I help by staying out of her hair and the kitchen   Shortbread, cut outs , dark n light sponge candy , peppermint bark , peanut butter cups , hazelnut cups , cranberry jellies , sea salt chocolate caramels and 3 different biscotti ( choc chip ginger - cranberry pistachio and cappuccino) 

image.jpg

I can vouch for the incredible goodness of this box of joy......amazing!!


Please support the hunting of Mourning Dove In New York State.  For information, visit nydovehunting.weebly.com/

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

86ec2e4dfd2d43f671551e494e33a731.jpg
My dad’s secrete recipe thumbprints which one of my sons is now staring to make with me. Almost couldn’t make them this year as red currant jelly is the feature and was hard to come by. According to store clerk that was Trump’s fault due to his sanctions?!?! Almost had to change my vote!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm impressed that you guys actually found the time to take a picture before eating those cookies.  Not me! :taunt:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You all do not want to see a photo of my stomach. But I can assure you it’s filled with cookies.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mrs TF takes a week off before Christmas every year to bake , bake and bake.  I help by staying out of her hair and the kitchen   Shortbread, cut outs , dark n light sponge candy , peppermint bark , peanut butter cups , hazelnut cups , cranberry jellies , sea salt chocolate caramels and 3 different biscotti ( choc chip ginger - cranberry pistachio and cappuccino) 

image.thumb.jpg.9fa6ab13be46338d415e6345439518ca.jpg

I was the lucky recipient of one of those beauties and let me tell you, every cookie in the was amazing! The chocolate caramel sea salt nuggets are out of this world

 

 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro


I find a duck's opinion of me is very much influenced by whether or not I have bread

-Mitch Hedberg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My wife bakes every weekend from Thanksgiving up to Christmas. Too many different types to name them all. My favorites are the linzer bars and chocolate salted caramel chips. We brought these two platters to my in-laws Christmas Eve. 

20181224_140339.jpg

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MPHunter said:

My wife bakes every weekend from Thanksgiving up to Christmas. Too many different types to name them all. My favorites are the linzer bars and chocolate salted caramel chips. We brought these two platters to my in-laws Christmas Eve. 

20181224_140339.jpg

The ones with the preserves in the middle are a personal favorite.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, landtracdeerhunter said:

The ones with the preserves in the middle are a personal favorite.  

Those are the thumbprints. She did three different preserves this year. Couldn't tell you what the preserves were but they all tasted good. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, MPHunter said:

Those are the thumbprints. She did three different preserves this year. Couldn't tell you what the preserves were but they all tasted good. 

Like!   My liker thing broke, LOL.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.