Senior Medical/GPS Monitoring?

Cabin Fever

Long story short, my mother has dementia and it's getting worse. I've been searching for days to find a reliable Senior Medical Alert type monitoring unit that can be worn around the neck, with GPS tracking capabilities, so she can push a button to get help AND so I can track her location on my smartphone. At this point, she's independent and is getting along fairly well, but her gears are definitely "slipping" more. I've looked into so many the past couple of days that my head is spinning. I had to start writing various brands down and why they failed to meet my needs, just to keep them straight. I'm hoping to find one that uses Verizon cell signal, as ATT doesn't get reliable signal in her area. (That really narrows down my options!) I finally found what I thought to be a pretty good option (Jitterbug), but after reading 100+ reviews, it got pretty much 1 out of 5 stars... It sucks and so does customer service. I think Jitterbug was the only one I found that had the GPS tracking capabilities app. Right now, I'm even considering GPS tracking devices that at least have an SOS button on them.

I guess I just thought it might be worth a shot to post a question here, incase someone has any first hand experience with devices like these... Good or bad? 

Edited by Cabin Fever

I'm sorry, I have no information that will help you. And I really hope you find the perfect solution.

I just wanted to say that you are a wonderful son. And I'll send good thoughts and a prayer to you and your Mom.

• Like 1

good luck bro...Went thru this with my dad a few years back and it was very hard....I had to take the car from huim as he ended up up state one day another time down in Jersey with no clue how he even got there.........Its gonna be a real rough ride bro.........You and your family are in my prayers bro...

• Like 1

I don't really know  about any specific device. 

But a Android smartphone set up with a Google email account. 

Can be tracked with the find my phone app on Google play all you need to do is know the email and password of  a specific android smartphones google account and it will show you the  location.  

Hope that helps 

I wish I had an answer, my Mom had Dementia as well , my Dad did a wonderful job taking care of her ,till he died . Then it was on two of us  three kids . It’s so sad , my mom was June Clever plus , canned food, sewed clothes, crocheted, ran a tight ship, and was pretty darn funny ,it’s heart breaking to see them fade .

Best of luck .