Biz-R-OWorld

2019 NFL Thread

Recommended Posts

Just now, The_Real_TCIII said:

We will revisit then. And he was damned good in 2011 and 2012 before your other overrated coach decided Kaep was better

Never forget he outdueled Brees and Eli in the playoff games. Would have went to SB against Pats if not for 2 fluke fumbles by Kyle Williams on punt returns. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

wonder what the record is most career starts without ever throwing for 267 yards or more in a game. in such a passing league, it seem impossible that he has gone 25 straight to start his career

the team is built around the run game and defense. neither of those 2 things require a 300 yard passer. To be fair, if he hit even 1 of those deep balls that would have been huge for the team. I'm confident he will get there and I'm glad they're not ruining him by asking him to throw 50 times a game. He will build skill and confidence.

There is something to be said for the yards he gets on the ground too. Those are almost always big first down pickups on 3rd down that dont show up the same in the stat sheet. 


"Ethical behavior is doing the right thing when no one else is watching, even when the wrong thing is legal"

-Aldo Leopold 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Belo said:

the team is built around the run game and defense. neither of those 2 things require a 300 yard passer. To be fair, if he hit even 1 of those deep balls that would have been huge for the team. I'm confident he will get there and I'm glad they're not ruining him by asking him to throw 50 times a game. He will build skill and confidence.

There is something to be said for the yards he gets on the ground too. Those are almost always big first down pickups on 3rd down that dont show up the same in the stat sheet. 

The true test will be the playoffs and next year when they don't play the worst schedule in NFL.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Yes. Alex Smith was absolute garbage for seven years. I dont know if anyone will ever be that patient with a QB again though, its not the norm

you're right. Tanehill's recent performance might just get some to rethink it though. There was a time not that long ago that no rookie QB started. Now it's abnormal for him to sit. 

  • Like 1

"Ethical behavior is doing the right thing when no one else is watching, even when the wrong thing is legal"

-Aldo Leopold 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Never forget he outdueled Brees and Eli in the playoff games. Would have went to SB against Pats if not for 2 fluke fumbles by Kyle Williams on punt returns. 

 

2 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

The true test will be the playoffs and next year when they don't play the worst schedule in NFL.

We beat the Titans in Tenn, the team you are most afraid of


I find a duck's opinion of me is very much influenced by whether or not I have bread

-Mitch Hedberg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, The_Real_TCIII said:

 

We beat the Titans in Tenn, the team you are most afraid of

You did not beat Tannehill and this is a QB-league. Titans would make minced meat out of Bills if they played today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Biz-R-OWorld said:

You did not beat Tannehill and this is a QB-league. Titans would make minced meat out of Bills if they played today.

lol we've beaten Tannehill for years

  • Haha 1

I find a duck's opinion of me is very much influenced by whether or not I have bread

-Mitch Hedberg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

lol we've beaten Tannehill for years

not when paired with Henry. It would be a route, just like Chiefs/Bills will be a route wildcard weekend. Didn't the Bills lose to Blake Bortles in the playoffs recently?

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

not when paired with Henry. It would be a route, just like Chiefs/Bills will be a route wildcard weekend. Didn't the Bills lose to Blake Bortles in the playoffs recently?

He had plenty of good RBs, dont forget they are a dime a dozen. Tyrod lost to Bortles, replay that game with Allen and id put $5k on us. Not even kidding


I find a duck's opinion of me is very much influenced by whether or not I have bread

-Mitch Hedberg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

He had plenty of good RBs, dont forget they are a dime a dozen. Tyrod lost to Bortles, replay that game with Allen and id put $5k on us. Not even kidding

Yup. The Jags "run" is over. They had their ticket punched to SB then blew it to Pats in second half and never recovered.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Yup. The Jags "run" is over. They had their ticket punched to SB then blew it to Pats in second half and never recovered.

Another game where the refs cant swallow their GD whistles and let a play continue, IIRC

  • Like 1

I find a duck's opinion of me is very much influenced by whether or not I have bread

-Mitch Hedberg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

not when paired with Henry. It would be a route, just like Chiefs/Bills will be a route wildcard weekend. Didn't the Bills lose to Blake Bortles in the playoffs recently?

yeah just paired with a monster by the name of gee IDK Ricky freaking Williams.

 

edit i jumped the gun and i dont think they played together, but he did have lamar miller who ran for ~3k yards in 3 years and #8 all time backs for the fins. 

Edited by Belo

"Ethical behavior is doing the right thing when no one else is watching, even when the wrong thing is legal"

-Aldo Leopold 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Belo said:

yeah just paired with a monster by the name of gee IDK Ricky freaking Williams

I dont think those guys played together


I find a duck's opinion of me is very much influenced by whether or not I have bread

-Mitch Hedberg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting, I knew there was a brother on Pitt but not two


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I find a duck's opinion of me is very much influenced by whether or not I have bread

-Mitch Hedberg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Everyone thinks bills are a shoe in for playoffs but If they lose to pittsburgh which I do not have a great feeling.... This could snow ball into losing streak to end season.....  They are not gonna beat Pats and Then it is must win against jets who could get some payback. Hope I am wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, cbyzerman said:

Everyone thinks bills are a shoe in for playoffs but If they lose to pittsburgh which I do not have a great feeling.... This could snow ball into losing streak to end season.....  They are not gonna beat Pats and Then it is must win against jets who could get some payback. Hope I am wrong.

 

giphy.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Steuben Jerry said:

 

giphy.gif

hahaha I know I am pessimistic but it literally happens to a team that looks like they are guaranteed to make playoffs and they lose there last 5 or 6 games..........

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, cbyzerman said:

Everyone thinks bills are a shoe in for playoffs but If they lose to pittsburgh which I do not have a great feeling.... This could snow ball into losing streak to end season.....  They are not gonna beat Pats and Then it is must win against jets who could get some payback. Hope I am wrong.

I think its possible for Bills to lose the next 3 games and still make it into the playoffs.   Of course... lets hope we don't need to worry about that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, johnplav said:

I think its possible for Bills to lose the next 3 games and still make it into the playoffs.   Of course... lets hope we don't need to worry about that. 

That would be an embarrassment. I want two of three

  • Like 1

I find a duck's opinion of me is very much influenced by whether or not I have bread

-Mitch Hedberg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

That would be an embarrassment. I want two of three

Correct... Bills just need to win a game to clinch it.  I don't want to be watching the Texans/Titans game to see if Bills get in. 

We already did that 2 years ago with Bengals and Ravens.  And what a difference 2 years makes with those 2 teams. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I personally think all this talk about titans is gonna end this week....  I think houston beats them but then believe or not if browns run table then there in over bills...  I just ran playoff simulator and now I am more worried.... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.