What type of ML?

Big Indian

The firing pin is hanging up on my T/C Omega.  It seems to be a corrosion issue.  I have been using triple seven pellets for a few years and loose pyrodex before that.  If I don't get time to take it apart and clean/fix it prior to late ML, I will be packing my Barnett Recruit crossbow that weekend.   No big deal, other than dropping my effective range down to 40 from about 150 yards.  I will just move into thicker cover, where long shots are not possible, and more likely there are more deer.     If that happens, I will spring for some more mechanical broadheads for it.  Next season, I will get the ML fixed up and switch to the Blackhorn powder.   

7 minutes ago, wolc123 said:

The firing pin is hanging up on my T/C Omega.  It seems to be a corrosion issue.  I have been using triple seven pellets for a few years and loose pyrodex before that.  If I don't get time to take it apart and clean/fix it prior to late ML, I will be packing my Barnett Recruit crossbow that weekend.   No big deal, other than dropping my effective range down to 40 from about 150 yards.  I will just move into thicker cover, where long shots are not possible, and more likely there are more deer.     If that happens, I will spring for some more mechanical broadheads for it.  Next season, I will get the ML fixed up and switch to the Blackhorn powder.   

You'll kick yourself in butt for not switching sooner. 

9 minutes ago, wolc123 said:

Probably so, but I will miss the pellets.  Maybe by next season someone will figure out how to make them from it.  

I use the tubes , i load them at home and just bring a few in the field . The tubes are actually nice because you dont have to take your gloves off and fumble around when loading .

35 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

I use pellets in the tubes 

That is what I do also, with triple seven.  The pellets make unloading easier: just pull the breach plug and push out the unused pellets.  Trying to do that with loose powder makes a mess sticking to the breach plug grease.  

I expect someone will figure out how to make pellets out of blackhorn by next season.   If not, I will probably stay with triple seven until my current supply is exhausted.   

• Like 1

I never understood the dislike for loose powder . You pour it in the measuring tube and then pour it in the speed loader. I used pellets for one day and threw the rest in the camp fire ,i don't understand how anyone can shoot that crap ,i made one shot and had to push a brush after every shot . 

Edited by Jeremy K

It's only 11/8.....why not fix the muzzleloader now?

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk