Mock Scrapes

nybuckboy

One resident forum member has taught himself to be a semi-pro regarding scrapes. Has several threads on making them, maintaining them & even relocating licking branches. Buckstopshere. Take a look at his profile and you may find scrape topics he's posted.

Edited by nyslowhand
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Hock3y24 said:

Rough up the ground in a spot with a good licking branch, pee in it. They work for cams, although rarely kill deer over them.

This is what i do.  Seems to draw them into it and i can get alot of pictures.  Ive never killed over one but have watched does use them while in stand.

• Like 1

Funny this thread should pop up. I just got a text the other day that are piss will be here on Monday. My buddy has a friend that owns a deer farm and we get it from there. I swear by it. Every year we’re killing deer over them. To the point that our saying is “they fell to the smell”. 

I use them every year. More for getting pictured of deer than actually hunting them, but thats only becuase I havent tried it yet. They work extreemly well if you do them right. All you need is the right location, a licking branch and some bare dirt. You can piss in them if you like, but bare dirt will bring them in no matter what. Location is the most important factor. If its not in the right area, it wont get too much action