In-season bucks at the zip-tie scrape

Buckstopshere

• 2 weeks later...

This guy finally showed again. Got him in velvet...and then the other night at the same zip-tie scrape setup...First photo is in the fog when he was in velvet. Now...he's hard horn...and a good one for my neck of the woods. I'm not in his core area because I have not seen him since. But there's always hope! :rolleyes:

Tall  tined eight point in velvet....JPG

Tall tined eight point  the day before Halloween .JPG

IMG_0032.JPG

IMG_0070.JPG

• Like 5

29 minutes ago, mowin said:

Just curious, what unit are you in?   Nice looking bucks, and choices you've got. :drinks:

one not far from PA with antler restrictions or Stuben county. Definitely not in Eastern NY. Many of those bucks have age though and it shows.

39 minutes ago, Engraver99 said:

What is a zip-tie scrape?

You can google it. But it’s snipping the overhanging branch off a hot scrape and transporting it to another mock scrape. Zip tie it to the mock scrape's overhanging branch.

Edited by Buckstopshere
punctuation

22 minutes ago, Buckstopshere said:

I’m in 9Y. Wellsville. Just a bit north of the Pa. border in the Genesee River valley and surrounding hills.

Definitely have a great area. Looking forward to seeing what you end up taking. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, mowin said:

Definitely have a great area. Looking forward to seeing what you end up taking. 

I've passed on a few good ones, bigger than some of my mounts. Can't pull the trigger yet with some of the top level bucks I have on cam...20 yards from my stands. The best is yet to come! Soon the big boys will be running in the daytime.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dbHunterNY said:

one not far from PA with antler restrictions or Stuben county. Definitely not in Eastern NY. Many of those bucks have age though and it shows.

Nah. I disagree. North central Pa. is a wasteland for deer hunters. Sure, there are a few big bucks. But having hunted Pa. since 1970 every year until recently,  with bow and gun, the buck population there is a joke. If anything, NY bucks flood into Pa. and increase their stats. Pa. doesn't want deer, it wants timber. 

Edited by Buckstopshere
addition

Nah. I disagree. North central Pa. is a wasteland for deer hunters. Sure, there are a few big bucks. But having hunted Pa. since 1970 every year until recently,  with bow and gun, the buck population there is a joke. If anything, NY bucks flood into Pa. and increase their stats. Pa. doesn't want deer, it wants timber. 
You disagree yet just proved my point. You think north central PA is a "waste land" for bucks yet PA WMU 3A that spans the whole border south of you still take almost 4 bucks per square mile. That's more than practically any WMU in NY's region 4 where Mowin (whom I replied to) and I are. In NY it's even better in Stuben county just east you, and to the north you is good too. I think you should just except how well you have it. lol Hope you get a crack at one of those bucks this fall.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk