Transporting a mount

biggamefish

How would you transport a mount. Its going from NY to GA in a truck. In the back seat isn't an option do to room issues. I was considering building a box but not sure how to go about securing the mount for no movement. My.main concern is something rubbing on the ears or nose and ruining it.

i was so worried about this during the 4 houses and 2 apartments that we've lived in over the last 10 years that my 1 and only mount has always ridden in the front seat with me or i've had the movers crate it (wood). And i let it be very clear to them, to the point where i'm sure i annoyed them and one of the movers even put the crate in the cab that this was not a replaceable item and i'll f'n murder families if it's damaged.

lol

Build a box (thick , good cardboard) is the way to go. loosely pack fluffy clothes or pillows around it.  tape it well, label the box and make sure they  don't put anything on top.  They are relatively light so it will be easy to place it on top of other stuff in a moving truck.

If you don’t feel comfortable packing it yourself in a wooden box, reach out to a local taxidermist and have them Secure it to wood for you. I always transport mine in cars and trucks. Even a 7.5ft mt lion fits in an suv

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1