Mean little Ba$tards

fasteddie

I was outside a while ago using the trimmer mower before getting out the rider . I ran over a Ground Hornet nest and got stung 7 or 8 times arm , hands , inner thighs ........ when they sting you , they leave a pheromone odor and can track you down . If I can pin-point their hole in the ground tomorrow , I will be leaving a present for them . I put some "Sting Eze" where they stung me but they still hurt !

i got hammered by those things about 2 summers ago while weed wacking and got stung 10 or so times, they came shooting out of the hole like bullets out of a thompson machine gun. i ran 150 yds back to my front porch and thought i was in the clear and within a second or two they were flying all around me and still stinging me!!finally got in the house and ripped my shirt off and killed about 3 right right in my hallway??

went out at night and retrived my weed wacker which i had hurled in the air while being stung, it ran out of gas by then. then i poured about 3 gallons of gas right down there hole and that took care of those little bastards....sorry for the long yarn but i still feel traumatized by this and my therapists says it good to talk about it ;D

I used to use the gas bit but the nest is far enough in so all the gas does is burn a spot in the lawn .

Then I tried Sevin Dust that the bees land in and track to the nest and that wasn't so great .

Those smoke bombs work great . I was holding the camera and trying to light at the same time . I could have saved some of the boredom by editing out the lighting bit .

I have a couple spots on me that still burn from the stings !

The same thing happened to me about 15 years ago when riding on a 4 wheeler in the woods with my cousin.  We got stuck on a small rock, then all of a sudden there were a ton of them swarming us.  I was stung ~ 20+ times, mainly in the head because we had sweatshirts on.  It was not a fun time.

I was only stung once by a hornet but that was enough.I thought I would help someone by spraying a small nest in a shed.The can must have been old because the only thing that came out was propellant.A hornet stuck it's head out of the nest and decided to attack.It quickly flew back and forth as I was running backwards, I lost sight of it for a few seconds until I felt a tap on my hand.I realized after that why a jet fighter was named after that bee.

post-1587-131455482231_thumb.jpg

Hate the little buggers. I have had more than a half dozen over the past 8 or 9 years here. I find them mowing the lawn. Later that night they get a half gallon or more gas and then light. It has always worked for me. I even had skunks one year that after I barbecued them they would dig em up and eat them!

I was out discing up a foodplot earlier this afternoon and got stung ~20X! Chased me right off the tractor!! Numerous stings to the scalp, ears, neck, chin, face, all over my side and back, finger, and arm. Felt like I was hit with a 3.5" Turkey load! Normally when I get stung by one, I cuss a few times, but the pain goes away after ~5 minutes. This time, I was stung ~2 hours ago and I am in as much pain now as I was then! My head, which got stung alone ~10x, feels like I was hit in the head with a 2x4!

I went out to get a little revenge, but there must have been 1000 swarming at ground level. I guess when I was discing, I must have disced up their hole and now they can't even find it. There were too many scattered all over for me to tackle on my own, so I just backed out.

I really need to finish discing! I wonder if I go out some morning at daylight if they'll be active??

I was out discing up a foodplot earlier this afternoon and got stung ~20X! Chased me right off the tractor!! Numerous stings to the scalp, ears, neck, chin, face, all over my side and back, finger, and arm. Felt like I was hit with a 3.5" Turkey load!

Ok so sorry that happened to you, but the way you explained it was quite funny.

Joe

• 2 weeks later...

I had a my daughters little sister from her moms current marriage spend the weekend with us. All she wanted to do was go fishing. She kept talking about going to my house so I could help her catch her first fish ever. Well I did it the old school way just like gramps did with me on the farm. Old coffee can and a shovel and out we went digging for worms. Got enough and grabbed a fishing pole and started down the trail out back to the river. Somewhere along the way we stepped on the little bastards hive in the ground. I Walk this trail everyday and never been stung. So glad that little girl can react and listen as good as she does. I got stung in the hand and immediatley told her to run. I instantly decided to let her get ahead of me so those little basterds would focus on me and not her. Once she was about 15 yards ahead I folllowed behind her. She did good and got stung just that once. Me 3 or 4 times in one hand 2 times in the temple and once in my ear of all places. After a few tears a call to her mom and some benadryl she decided she was going to be a trooper and try to go fishing after all. Well she not only caught her first fish she caught her second one as well and then decided thats enough lets go home lol. 6 or seven bee stings for a little girls first two fish in her life priceless. My ear my head and my hand is hurting pretty good. I dont remember the swelling and as much pain as the last time I got stung by those ground bees.