Rage Bloodtrail Video.... Pretty Graphic!

Cabin Fever

i'm amazed he ,doesnt know what he shot, button or doe...not really hard to tell the difference when hunting with a bow, if its shot at a reasonable range...

i agree... didnt even know what it was

i use these heads and i cant say enough

I really want to try them out. I only shoot about 45 pounds with a 29 draw length, so I'm hesitant at trying them out. I really want to use the 125-2 blade broadhead since my field tips on my arrows are 125 grain but I'm still a little hesitant to because of my lower draw weight. But since I see how they are pretty much pushed open from hitting something I don't think my lower weight would cause any issues. Seeing this wants me to get them even more. Will my draw weight effect it any?

I really want to try them out. I only shoot about 45 pounds with a 29 draw length, so I'm hesitant at trying them out. I really want to use the 125-2 blade broadhead since my field tips on my arrows are 125 grain but I'm still a little hesitant to because of my lower draw weight. But since I see how they are pretty much pushed open from hitting something I don't think my lower weight would cause any issues. Seeing this wants me to get them even more. Will my draw weight effect it any?

Forest Hunter - They do make a Rage 2 blade specifically for shooting bows with short draw lengths and/or light draw weights generating less than 40 feet-lbs. of kinetic energy. http://www.cabelas.com/product/Rage-40KE-Two-Blade-Broadheads/745469.uts?Ntk=AllProducts&searchPath=%2Fcatalog%2Fsearch.cmd%3Fform_state%3DsearchForm%26N%3D0%26fsch%3Dtrue%26Ntk%3DAllProducts%26Ntt%3DRage%2BBroadheads%26WTz_l%3DHeader%253BSearch-All%2BProducts%26x%3D11%26y%3D9&Ntt=Rage+Broadheads&WTz_l=Header%3BSearch-All+Products

i took a 7 point last year with the bow, quatering away. perfect shot the deer went not 20 yards and took spill right where he stood.... dropped a doe that went 20 yards also. Dont get me wrong you still have to place a good shot but even marginal shots can be rewarding given the right period of time...

The one thing that this video highlights is just how much blood a deer can lose and still be on it's feet. I'm sure the guy was thinking that the deer had to be "just around the corner". Long before he found the deer dead, I'm sure he was thinking that there is no way that a deer could lose anywheres near that much blood and still be moving. Pretty graphic stuff showing just how tough those critters are. Anybody think we could lose that much blood and cover that kind of ground ..... lol.

I was surprised about the amount, or rather the absence of comments on the Rage Broadhead. I have lost more deer to a rage then I have gotten. Also I do not think it is fair to the game we hunt to be OK with marginal. If you hunt high in a stand.... more then 20 yards. Shoot angles....greater then 15 degress. Also lower draw weights. Fixed blade work well and I have never had problems.