Location location location

Chef

Just now, Chef said:

No it’s really not and is one of 3 areas that I’ve started talking to the wife about

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome, i hope it all works out well, exciting stuff.  Very nice area Norwich area is, we zoom through there on our way to our place.  

Columbia county where my buddy’s place is is 4Y (erroneously posted by me as 4Z weeks back). I get a doe tag ever year and it’s rifle....1:30 from 287. Hudson is a fun little upcoming artsy/foodie town - not sure if that’s a good thing or not!

Or somewhere not far off rt 20 by schoharie. Not sure what wmu that is,but also a nice mix of farmland and woods. Upstate is your Oyster,it really just depends what some more of your criteria are. You should check out the different areas some if you can,this general area is quite varied. Rt 20 is more agriculture and more flat than the southern part of otsego county. The area outside of Davenport or east meredith is beautiful too. 

Most of the valleys here run north to south,and each one is a little different.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, crappyice said:

Columbia county where my buddy’s place is is 4Y (erroneously posted by me as 4Z weeks back). I get a doe tag ever year and it’s rifle....1:30 from 287. Hudson is a fun little upcoming artsy/foodie town - not sure if that’s a good thing or not!

I also lease some property in Columbia county, we seem to get doe tags every year. Not a far ride from Westchester/Rockland and a great area to hunt but might be a bit pricey. We usually stay in Kingston opening weekend which has a bunch of restaurants and stores and is only 20 minutes from hunting spot.

I also lease some property in Columbia county, we seem to get doe tags every year. Not a far ride from Westchester/Rockland and a great area to hunt but might be a bit pricey. We usually stay in Kingston opening weekend which has a bunch of restaurants and stores and is only 20 minutes from hunting spot.

Yea with just a little research I think to get the house/family vacation spot I would like Columbia county is going to cost too much. It’s a shame because this distance and tags are perfect

9 hours ago, Swamp_bucks said:

Chef you  should look around Walton    lots of state land all around there  and close to the catskills  you have farm land on one side catskills to  the south of  it just tons of state land all around there within 30 minute drive or less in every direction.