Fufu Arrows

Elmo

They must not be popular or something because I can't find them anywhere other than certain pro-shops. Nobody else seems to sell them. I've seen video's of people hunting raccoons and squirrels up in the trees with a bow. I always wondered if they miss, isn't the arrow pretty much gone?

No they will slow/ stop quickly, knew a great archert(recently passed) who shot claybird and pheasants with fufu arrows. tought to find because the hunting community is set against taking moving/flying shots so not many are made.. kind of like promoting a 50 yrd shot at deer...the moral up cry is deafining.... the archer's shot ,hunting ability is only limited by his own personal skill and judgement the equipment is more than capable!

Edited by G-Man

No they will slow/ stop quickly, knew a great archert(recently passed) who shot claybird and pheasants with fufu arrows. tought to find because the hunting community is set against taking moving/flying shots so not many are made.. kind of like promoting a 50 yrd shot at deer...the moral up cry is deafining.... the archer's shot ,hunting ability is only limited by his own personal skill and judgement the equipment is more than capable!

I mean the video's I've seen, they were shooting up with normal arrows.

Thanks eddie and Doewacker. The arrows I've been shooting are 28" (I just measured the shaft. Not counting the tip or nock). It's what the guy at the shop gave me when I had my bow tuned. The arrows flu-flu shaft I see are all 30" to 31" long. Would shooting a longer arrow throw off my form or accuracy?

Certainly easy to make your own flu flu's. Wrap a full length unburned feather around the shaft and glue it up as you go or 4 fletch some shafts with unburned feathers in a Bitzenberger or similar fletching jig.

I guess all this is easy IF you have a jig and unburned full length feathers!

Shoot 'em up and have some fun. (Don't worry about accuracy, you won't hit anything anyway<grin>)

out my way they have what they call an extreme bow shoot. Moving targets, into water shots, threw barrels etc.. anyways they had an open field where you had to put down the compound and use a recurve and shoot foam disks out of the air. It was pretty cool.

Elmo ----- The Whisker Biscuit would definately tear up the fletching on a Flu Flu arrow . They will also tear up the Qwik-Spin vanes that have the little tab on them . I would not shoot Flu Flus through the Biscuit !

I have never heard of anyone shooting the FF's with a compound either .

Shooting them out of a compound isn't the issue its your rest. I have shot them out of compounds and out of recurves you need a fall away rest if your going to shoot them out of a compound tho. Check out arrow affliction when Chris Brackett was still the host, pretty sure theres an episode where he shoots doves and has to use the compound because the doves are ducking the arrows out of a slower bow. Oh ya and your arrows will go a lot farther with a compound then with a recurve or long bow (Duh I know... but common sense aint all that common). Its lots of fun my buddies and I bring out bows out on the lake ice fishing and throw foam targets up in the air. The blanket of snow makes finding our misses easy and its a great way to sharpen skills and kill time between flags....

CNY