Quick Spin Shrink Wrap/Fletching

Cabin Fever

I have used them. At first I thought they were going to be the next big thing....they were easy to put on after i prepped the arrows according to the directions, cleaning them and roughing them up, I heated the water and they came out flawless. I let them dry for a few days and after a few shots one entire wrap slid down the shaft. After numerous shots the vanes were ripping completely off. However I do use a whisker biscuit which is hard on them...In a pinch I would say go for it but realize they will not be for long term and because they're expensive, its not very economical.

I used the quickfletch ones on my Easton alumns with a whisker biscuit. The fletchings tore every time i shot through the wb. Never again. Switched to NAP Apache drop away and FOBS. They fly straight as an arrow ... LOL.

BTW the following video got me hooked on switching from vanes to FOBs.

I guess I am just damn lucky then because I shoot the quikspin through a WB and no problems at all. The trick to applying them is to lower them SLOWLY into the water to prevent air bubbles from from getting trapped under the wrap.

Also, it's not like I don't shoot alot or anything, I belong to a league and shoot 3x a week or more.

I put them on a dozen of my arrows and no problems with them sliding off....The directions say to remove the boiling water before you dip them....What happens when you take boiling water away from heat????? IT STOPS BOILING!!!! I rough up the shafts, clean with acetone, wipe dry, slide the wrap onto the shaft, dip into BOILING WATER ON THE STOVE OVER HEAT SOURCE, hold in boiling water for 10 seconds....let dry for an hour or so, and go shoot.....100s of shots, no issues.

I've used these for at least three yrs. now and could not Love them more. Some of the advice is right on the money. You must lower them very slowly so they shrink at the same time all the way around the shaft. Thats why i dont believe a heat gun will work very well. You'll not get a very uniformed shrink. If your into fletching you own then they may not be for you but for the other 90% of the bow hunting community there is no reason to drop your arrows off at the bow shop and pick them up a week later when someone finally gets through with the other 30 guys ahead of you. You can literally do them in about 4 minutes even if your spike campin' for elk at 10,000 ft. I've tryed the Quikspins but have swithched to the Blazers and like them better. If you try them, you will love them too..

I bought some a few years ago and didnt like the outcome. They held up but the problem was there was no consitancy with how they shrunk on the arrow, a close inspection showed some fletchins were closer together, some had a more of a twist ot them I even had one that 1 out of 3 vanes was angled more than the other 2. I just cant see how you can get perfect results out of trying to shrink plastic and have it all shrink at the smae rate around the shaft but hey Im picky I guess. I dont even know why I bought them to be honest I fletch my own arrows. Now 3 guys I hunt with in the adirondacks wont use anything else and I know one uses a WB and shoots them constantly in a weekly archery league and never heard him complain once.

From what I have talked to guys who used them, they have improved in the last year. very even shrinking from what I saw. The directions on teh one my buddy got sad. slowly dip straight down and then up. the ideal temp I think was 170 degrees. I like the fact that you can basically be anywhere and still be able to do a repair. He probably has 20 days of practice onthe arrows and except for the one he cut with his broadhead. nothing has happened. He shoots a TM hunter rest so I still can't speat from personal observation on the full contact rests