Corona Virus Thread

21 minutes ago, left field said:

Rattler, you seem really burned about this. If it means that much to you, post here. 

All Trump had one thing to do was one simple thing as the early warnings were coming in, “We are monitoring the situation in Wuhan closely. I have put together a task force to coordinate across various departments to determine our best response should the virus show up here, as well as inventory and bolster our necessary medical reserves in case they need to be deployed throughout the country. As I get more information, you will get more information.”

Instead he and his lickspittles denied and lied.

And now we can all be reassured because his daughter and SiL are on the committee to reopen America. Only the best people.

You think the hospitals are overrun now? Wait until everyone goes back to work but with a hyper sensitivity to every sniffle and cough. 

As to Biden, well I’m reminded of something Trump loved saying while running ... “what the hell do you have to lose?” 

Didn't he publicly say he was going to shut down International travel and then nancy and chuck  summoned all the trump haters to call him a racist again ?

55 minutes ago, Chef said:

Listen you guys can support whoever you want, but he doesn’t give a s**t about you.

Does any politician? Trump isn't even a politician, he's a businessman. Look, I think he's the biggest a-hole ever, I'd sell my house in a heartbeat if that guy ever moved in next to me. I don't vote for personality though, I vote for whomever will further what I think is right (economy, illegal immigration, lowering taxes).

Did you just build an AR? If Joe gets in, it may be time for an unfortunate boating mishap that sends it overboard. Cause old Uncle Joe is going to take your gun. Check out his stance - right on his website. He's going to try to make it an NFA item. 

Edited by Steuben Jerry
  • Like 4

Rattler, you seem really burned about this. If it means that much to you, post here. 
All Trump had one thing to do was one simple thing as the early warnings were coming in, “We are monitoring the situation in Wuhan closely. I have put together a task force to coordinate across various departments to determine our best response should the virus show up here, as well as inventory and bolster our necessary medical reserves in case they need to be deployed throughout the country. As I get more information, you will get more information.”
Instead he and his lickspittles denied and lied.
And now we can all be reassured because his daughter and SiL are on the committee to reopen America. Only the best people.
You think the hospitals are overrun now? Wait until everyone goes back to work but with a hyper sensitivity to every sniffle and cough. 
As to Biden, well I’m reminded of something Trump loved saying while running ... “what the hell do you have to lose?” 

Thank you! And that is exactly what that reporter was getting at yesterday. What did trump do with the month of February why didn’t he stockpile PPE, why didn’t he pay closer attention. Why didn’t we start lighter social distancing measures much earlier. All of this would have helped to slow the spread

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now the libs are throwing around the 10th amendment and how Trump is pissing all over the constitution . Maybe he's just interpreting it the way he wants to fit his narrative like the left has done with the second for so long.

Bottom line is that governor has spent his time in office trying to be king with ultimate power ,pushing through laws on holidays and midnight sessions to better their image when it comes time to run for president . He failed to set up the proper infrastructure to support his state in a time of need and now blames the feds ,the news posts it and some people believe it . That's it ,thats all that is going here . Anybody with half a brain knows the president doesn't have the power to do what ever he wants .  If you want to blame someone ,blame your local politicians for failing to do their job.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Chef said:

Thank you! And that is exactly what that reporter was getting at yesterday. What did trump do with the month of February why didn’t he stockpile PPE, why didn’t he pay closer attention. Why didn’t we start lighter social distancing measures much earlier. All of this would have helped to slow the spread

Hindsight is always 20-20. You think China should get some of this bashing instead of the President? Decisions were made based on the available data at the time.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Chef said:

So coumo says that trump doesnt have the power to open the sector that he over sees , i guess that would mean he doesnt have the power to close it either . You're blaming the wrong guy here chef. 

Hindsight is always 20-20. You think China should get some of this bashing instead of the President? Decisions were made based on the available data at the time.

Oh China is a huge part of the problem I don’t deny that. And yes I would be very very pissed of Joe tried to make my weapons NFA items but I also believe he wouldn’t be able to make that happen

33 minutes ago, squirrelwhisperer said:

Here’s what I don’t understand...we are all in the same boat, aren’t we? We all face the same virus, we all have the same president, we are all wanting this to be over, we are all Americans. Regardless of how well Trump is handling this or how inept Biden is, we all have to deal with this nonsense. Do we need to fight with each other? How does that help anything or anyone? My daughter contracted this crap while trying to help others with it. To say this one sucks or that one would have done a better job is BS. You cannot say that with any degree of certainty, its all conjecture. You are basically arguing over something as dumb as who would win in a fight...Bruce Lee or Jet Li. Just dumb. 

Jet Li would destroy bruce lee...  Bruce lee incredible icon but slightly overrated as a fighter and all his stories are unbelievably exaggerated.  I am done arguing about the politics...  

11 hours ago, Chef said:

Dude it was insane, I’ll be the first to say I voted for him and was going to again until this. He has really shown what a fool he is

I'm not that far, and I can't believe I'm saying this, but he should take a page from Cuomo. The answer is probably a mix of both, but at least Cuomo acts like someone in charge. Philosophically I'm still a republican and that's a better vote for me, but good lord this guy makes it hard.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Chef said:

I also believe he wouldn’t be able to make that happen

I hope you're a successful gambler! If Joe gets in and has a democrat house and senate, I really do think AR's are done.

If he gets elected, I'll bet you dinner that he goes after them.

Edit to add. The bet's off if Joe just forgets all about it...

Edited by Steuben Jerry

I'm not that far, and I can't believe I'm saying this, but he should take a page from Cuomo. The answer is probably a mix of both, but at least Cuomo acts like someone in charge. Philosophically I'm still a republican and that's a better vote for me, but good lord this guy makes it hard.

That’s where I’m at, the problem is trump is not actually a republican, he ran for that party but if you watch what is going on he does not even believe in democracy or our system of government. I would never vote for Biden. That being said I may just have to vote against trump

I hope you're a successful gambler! If Joe gets in and has a democrat house and senate, I really do think AR's are done.
If he gets elected, I'll bet you dinner that he goes after them.

Edit to add. The bet's off if Joe just forgets all about it...

I feel my gamble is way safer than yours. Trump could be a danger to the entire American way of life. The rest of the world already things we are a joke. China is becoming more powerful every day. This guy is playing poker and loosing horribly

4 hours ago, steve863 said:

I absolutely won't blame Trump for any of this virus drama like some are trying to do.  What could he really do 2 or 3 months ago?   Shut the nation down before anyone had the virus?  No one knew $#!+ what was going to happen.  It's easy to point fingers now.  If anything like this ever starts again somewhere in the world, the first thing the entire world needs to do is completely quarantine that nation or whatever nations the disease is spreading in.   No one is to leave or go to those nations. Some could cry racism or whatever the hell they want, but this is the only way you will ever contain something like this. Continue to let people travel freely and now you can see what happens.  

With that said, I completely agree with your statement.  Trump simply can't keep his mouth shut.  It's all about him and all he wants is accolades from everyone around him.  It's embarrassing to watch him.

Im not blaming him for anything. But the man is a complete fool on that stage. All I need from him is "Here's Dr Fauci with todays update."

• Like 2

"The World Health Organization is under fire after Taiwan released the contents of a December email inquiring about the person-to-person spread of COVID-19, which it says was ignored by the organization and further denied to provide adequate information about how to fight the virus."

Put the blame where it should go.... CHINA

• Like 1

Im not blaming him for anything. But the man is a complete fool on that stage. All I need from him is "Here's Dr Fauci with todays update."

Thank you, and if he had done that he would still have my vote. The way he behaves is dangerous

55 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

The big question is whether Fauci will be with the Trump team until this thing ends?  Trump dumps people more often than I change my socks, so the odds aren't too good for him. 

I’ve said this before and I still believe it. If the Don didn’t tweet or engage in social media and simply gave useful brief updates during these past 4 years, he would be re elected and widely regarded as one of the great presidents for low unemployment, booming economy, and saving millions of lives now during this pandemic. Unfortunately, he can’t stay off Twitter. Otherwise he’d be on a fast track to Mount Rushmore.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1