Why Did we Creat HuntingNY.com?

Think of this as hunting therapy. You come here you vent expresss your heart felt opinions (vent)feel better then go do what you tell everyone else not to. The internet is a great place for people to spew due to the fact no one really knows you. If we were all in a big room, teo thirds of what is said on here would never be said face to face. In my profession, I study human behavior a lot, and it is my job to know these things. As was mentioned before, if this forum gets to you, you must be in real therapy once a week or so. Take it as face value and remember you can always shut it off. I was from NYDEER also and Fasteddie drug me over here. Probably for the entertainment value, but I am here. Now for all your therapy of the day GET OVER IT . Just remember everything on here is opinion and we all know about opinions. They are like buttholes. Everyone has one and they usually stink.

Edited by bubba

I've only been on since August 2011 and I've learned so much. It's really enjoyable reading everyone's opinions on different topics. I'm looking forward to visiting the site during the off season as well - I'm sure it will help with hunting withdrawal. ;) Keep it up John.

I really enjoy this site but it is addicting for me. Missed my wifes birthday, 4 court appearances and had to get rid of two of my girlfriends. Oh well, Next topic anyone...

X 2, Good one! This is a great site to be on...............lol

Good people here.

Great one dave!!! That is why I love this site. I love the laughs!!! Honestly this is my favorite site, the funny conversations and people getting out of control over opinions is part of what makes this site so nice. The fact that we can have all sorts of hunters on here from traditional bow, compound, crossbow, black powder and rifle hunters, to still hunters who stalk deer in vast woods to guys with less than 10 achers who get deer every year to small game and every other type of hunting we have a large diverse group of people! And yes we all have opinions but that is what makes this site so interesting to me I like to hear what other think and try to have a open mind. Opions may stink to some but again I believe that is why this site is so much fun, you can express yourself and have a strong opinion that the editors and owners of the site might not like but they will not kick you off for a dif opinion and allow you to express and argue your point be it good bad or just plain wierd...

Edited by NFA-ADK

• 2 weeks later...

In all seriousness, i personally feel like i have learned the most from the people on here that i dont always agree with and i find myself thinking about their points of view to see how it could improve both my hunting experiences and skills. It also seems like the people i've debated with hardest have turned out to be the ones i look forward to hearing from. Someone on here once said that they treat this site like your having a beer with a bunch of hunting guys. Throughout the night your going to debate some issues and toss some strong words about but at the end of the night ya'll say, "see ya tommarow?" That's helped me to keep thing from getting personal. By the way, I've learned something from almost everyone. Everyone but RifleSharpShot.. Nothing useful to me there. lol

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

I myself am very glad I found my way here. I was very warmly welcomed and have already received some good advice here. After some time away from the Hunting fields I will return later this year and start with small game either out here on Long Island or up state. Next year be the Good Lord willing I'll go out into the Deer fields.

I also look forward to becoming a Hunter Safety Instructor here in New York

• 3 months later...

I recently joined this site and really enjoy the various subjects. Picked up some really good advice on my needs and I visit here at least every night during the work week. Unfortunately I am still working and my free time is somewhat limited. One thing that I don't really understand, but respect, is what most members do not fill out their personal info. Age seems to be one of the one that seems to be always blank as is their location. Any ideas from you as to why this is?

I recently joined this site and really enjoy the various subjects. Picked up some really good advice on my needs and I visit here at least every night during the work week. Unfortunately I am still working and my free time is somewhat limited. One thing that I don't really understand, but respect, is what most members do not fill out their personal info. Age seems to be one of the one that seems to be always blank as is their location. Any ideas from you as to why this is?

Most of our members are in the witness protection program :sarcastic:

I took alot of my info off to protect myself to. You can go here to this website and get this and then go over to that web site and get this info and then go over there and dig deeper and get this info and pretty soon someone is draining your bank account. You can never be to carefull.

I took alot of my info off to protect myself to. You can go here to this website and get this and then go over to that web site and get this info and then go over there and dig deeper and get this info and pretty soon someone is draining your bank account. You can never be to carefull.

It takes a little more than web site info to hack some one's bank account, while age and name help it is a serious offense that most crooks find is not worth the risk. Most Facebook user's post age so what's the big deal... I realize your concern yet if you have a home phone, your name and address are posted, age is not too hard to find out. Maden mothers name, personal bank info, passwords to web sites or e-mail and Social Security # are things you never reply to in a e-mail or by phone. I recommend having up to date Virus, firewall, spam and spyware protection if you do any online banking. Always make sure your computer is clean before logging onto a banks web site!!! Always inform your bank and credit cards of any foul play or suspected unauthorized use of any acounts. Buy credit protection if you suspect you are a victim or want to be protected it's realatively cheap.

Posting the location of a known firearm owner is usually deterant enough, this is not exactly a kiddy forum and we are adults even though we don't always act like it. Many of us have stong connections with the law and anti hacking enforcment. I find most personalities are strong willed and would prosecute a bank hacker to the fullest... I am 42 my name is Jeff Calderone, I live in Huntington Station NY and I took a nice buck back in 2000 that sent my hunting passion to obsession, I love stalking monarchs of the woods... And posting on HuntingNY.com. :aikido::hunter-smiley-face::hunter::gamer:

Hack some one's bank account in NY and you get to meet my good friends the NYS Police or a Federal agent, hack mine and you will see it was not worth it, lol. Next day my bank account went from 200 to 2 and I was like DAM! LOL Want to prove your a good hacker fill my bank account, that would impress me, yet it will still land you in jail... If someone thinks they are that good at hacking get a job at a security company, they pay well and it's better than jail time... Computer Tech 10 + years, when was the last time you updated, scanned AND backed up your data? Is your data worth a 100$ back up drive or 2. (pictures anyone?) Are you protected if you bank online, or if your house is hit by lightning and every connected device fails?

Edited by NFA-ADK

Well said NFA-ADK! We live in world today where it's the rare situation where individuals get involved and take care of business. I do not wish to be pressured into hiding anything just because of the criminal element that seems to be slowly growing in many of our areas. I live in a very small community where just about everyone knows everyone who lives here. Work is done with a handshake, not contracts. You make a mess and lie and fool people, you might as well move away. So I do have a hard time why some people do not list some personal information on this web site that gives readers another "vision" of the writer. Almost seems as if they are trying to hide - (here come the flames) :fie: Granted the info you mentioned SHOULD NOT be posted as it does not pertain to this type of site. But surely, any advice or recommendation can be weighed by the age of the poster. Suggestions and advice from a 12 year old is not the same from someone that has 50 years of hunting experience.

• Like 1