bkspyder

2019 Bear Harvest

Recommended Posts

That seems like a HUGE number for bow in the SZ

  • Like 2

I find a duck's opinion of me is very much influenced by whether or not I have bread

-Mitch Hedberg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bkspyder said:

It has been released for 2019.

Here it is: http://www.dec.ny.gov/docs/wildlife_pdf/bbrpt2019.pdf

Here's the harvests page for deer and bear by year: http://www.dec.ny.gov/outdoor/42232.html

Southern zone doing most of the harvests, and a jump as well. Hope to contribute to that next year myself.

2019bs.png

I always feel better getting skunked in the north during early season when the total is freaking 64.

I'd love to see a statistic that showed how many were actually pursuing bear and how many were opportunistic deer or dual hunters. Without bait this is freaking hard :(

  • Like 1

"Ethical behavior is doing the right thing when no one else is watching, even when the wrong thing is legal"

-Aldo Leopold 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow. 2 in 3S has to be the record. Looks like they are on the CT border. 1 in 3N. I had a pic of a cub in 3N this past year in the summer

 

 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well shoot, I killed as many bear as all the hunters in 8H combined.   Just sayin!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Well shoot, I killed as many bear as all the hunters in 8H combined.   Just sayin!


No bear could survive your area. Too many deer! A bear would Starve trying to find crops


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

 


No bear could survive your area. Too many deer! A bear would Starve trying to find crops


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

 

Too many deer around bear is like saying there's too much food on the buffet.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

Well shoot, I killed as many bear as all the hunters in 8H combined.   Just sayin!

hell weve seen more bears on Stueben Jerrys trail cams than all those combined! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

hell weve seen more bears on Stueben Jerrys trail cams than all those combined! 

Don’t try to diminish my greatest accomplishment of 2019 please.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In 2018 two of the bears in 4k were taken on my cousin's farm.  This past season they didn't see any sign at all.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

Don’t try to diminish my greatest accomplishment of 2019 please.  

With trad gear no less! You are my hero!

  • Haha 1

I find a duck's opinion of me is very much influenced by whether or not I have bread

-Mitch Hedberg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, moog5050 said:

Don’t try to diminish my greatest accomplishment of 2019 please.  

just trying to get you fired up for 2020!  to break your record !

Im thinking maybe you could wrastle one of those 700# PA bears! 

Edited by Robhuntandfish
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

just trying to get you fired up for 2020!  to break your record !

Im thinking maybe you could wrastle one of those 700# PA bears! 

-1 bear in 8H next year.   Guaranteed!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not bad 5 for chenango this year.   I know were theres one been hanging out since last august.  hoping hes still there next year ill be putting some more time into that piece of stateland next year  hoping to atleast see him.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Swamp_bucks said:

Not bad 5 for chenango this year.   I know were theres one been hanging out since last august.  hoping hes still there next year ill be putting some more time into that piece of stateland next year  hoping to atleast see him.  

I heard one was taken out near Georgetown two years ago.  Would love to even get one on cam

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve seen trail cam pics of a nice bear in the Pitcher area from last year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Robhuntandfish said:

I heard one was taken out near Georgetown two years ago.  Would love to even get one on cam

Theres seems to always be one taken in mcdonough,oxford or afton areas every year.  Ive personally known 3 guys in the area that have taken one within the last 5 years.

Edited by Swamp_bucks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Swamp_bucks said:

Theres seems to always be one taken in mcdonough,oxford or afton areas every year.  Ive personally known 3 guys in the area that have taken one within the last 5 years.

That's cool. My buddies wife is from McDonough and their family has a lot of land out that way.  Hear it's good hunting. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Robhuntandfish said:

That's cool. My buddies wife is from McDonough and their family has a lot of land out that way.  Hear it's good hunting. 

Yea it can be if you can get into the right spots.  It reminds me a bit of up north with alot of pine forest and thousands of acers of stateland but a higher deer population.  My bil usually takes a nice 8 every year on one piece when he come up from pa.  2 years ago he shot a 6 that was 17 inches wide.  I think this year opening day he saw 25 -30 all does but 2 spikes.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.