Do you use a Nock loop or Ultra Nock ?

fasteddie

I may take it off but I added an Ultra Nock to my string . I like how the arrow nock fits on without any wear to the string plus I am not wearing down the serving with my release . My son has a Limbsaver DZ32 and it came with a string loop . He never had a loop before and likes his .

I have 2 bows still are connet direct to string and 4 now setup with the loop. As I never had tuning or serving breaking I still not finding the loop is so special. I just got 50 loop material to have, may last me the rest of my life to use. The do not think the ultra nock is the way to go, they tell me it adds to much weight to the string and this will reduce the overall performance of the bow and speed of the bow.

I've been using the ultra-nok for quite a few years now. It seems to work pretty good for getting the release jaws right in line with the nock without pulling up and pinching against the nock of the arrow. Actually one of the main reasons that I went to it was to enable me to fine tune my peep sight to get it to open up perfectly at full draw. I just have it rotated on the string slightly so that when I attach the release, it rotates the string (and peep) so it is perfectly oriented. Works slick without having to mess around with twisting the string and everything. Back when I shot fingers, I used to use a nok-set that had a little tail sticking down that could be slightly rotated on the string for the same peep aligning purpose.

Back before I went to a loop, I noticed that my nocks were developing an actual indent from the upper nok-set. This was being caused by the force of the release trying to slide the arrow nock upward. There was so much force that it was actually leaving an indent in the plastic. I don't know whether all that pinch was doing any harm, but I don't get that anymore with the loop.

Doc

you know i used the ultra nock for years and just loved them, then the d-loop craze came around and i went to d-loops on all my bows, i think back to how easy an ultra nock was to install and how it lined up my peep with ease, also easy to move up and down(try that with a d-loop), i'm thinking of going back to them and not worrying about the 5 fps i might be loosing.