deer city USA show?

sits in trees

Id say either you were mistaken about where they wer hunting or it was on a game preserve. You can shoot a deer with anything you want on a game preserve.

I used to be a fan of that show, but it has really become one of the worst out there as far as being one big long commercial for pure out crap products (besides Excalibur). The Windicator? Please, that thing ranks yup there with the Deer View Mirror.

Why don't DEC laws apply? Then what powers do NY ECO's have there?

At a game farm? You are hunting animals that are owned by the farm, and live inside a fence, not wild animals that are owned by the people of the state of NY. Why would DEC have any power over that? Do they have power over what a farmer uses to kill their pigs or cows?

You dont even need a hunting license at a hunting preserve.

No, DEC rules for type of weapons wouldn't apply to a game farm. What kills me about some of these shows is how they talk about some great hunting in Michigan, NY, etc., etc. and then proceed to show a hunt in a game farm with B&C sized bucks running together in packs. LOL Like the rest of us hunting free ranging deer will see such a sight??

I looked into Hidden Valley Outfitters and they have a preserve but they also claim to have free ranging whitetails. It's located near Cooperstown. Thats pretty low that Deer City would leave the viewer to believe that fat Millis was hunting fair chase whitetails. What a load of crap that show is.

I looked into Hidden Valley Outfitters and they have a preserve but they also claim to have free ranging whitetails. It's located near Cooperstown. Thats pretty low that Deer City would leave the viewer to believe that fat Millis was hunting fair chase whitetails. What a load of crap that show is.

i do believe they mentioned that they were hunting on a preserve.

hunting shows are not what they used to be and i really can't watch em anymore. i do spend some time on Archery Talk and you have to hear the way these yahoos idolize these phonies and talk about the latest Mike Waddell kill or wow you gotta see what Lee or Tiffiny just shot??

gotta be the same people that watch pro wrestling.

hunting shows are not what they used to be and i really can't watch em anymore. i do spend some time on Archery Talk and you have to hear the way these yahoos idolize these phonies and talk about the latest Mike Waddell kill or wow you gotta see what Lee or Tiffiny just shot??

gotta be the same people that watch pro wrestling.

STS... I totally agree with you. The sad part is is that the younger folks idolize these characters. Hunting shows today are a far cry from the American Sportsman Days. Today's shows are about the "Hunting Industry" and NOT about Hunting. They add enough fuel to the fire to turn many a non-hunter into an Anti-Hunter.

We don't need more hunters for the future of hunting. We need BETTER hunters.