Live from the Water 2020

The_Real_TCIII

16 minutes ago, Steuben Jerry said:

giphy.gif

Fred Sanford....Loved him.....My most favorite quote...."  I'm a pretty good catch, Elaine....I still got some of my hair, most of my teeth, and ALL of my social security"....

Favorite quote #2  ( in the police station)… " Don't you ever arrest no white people  ?....There's enough n*****s in  here to make a TARZAN movie  !! "

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Football is 3 hours per week. No way I give that up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

you have more than that invested in dreamy Mahomes per week alone. But i get it, he is the man.  

I gave up football years ago when i realized i would rather participate in sports.  

Edited by Robhuntandfish

47 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

you have more than that invested in dreamy Mahomes per week alone. But i get it, he is the man.  

I gave up football years ago when i realized i would rather participate in sports.  

same. i couldn't watch football for years because of sports. missed many super bowls flying or driving home weekend tournaments, etc.

11 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

same. i couldn't watch football for years because of sports. missed many super bowls flying or driving home weekend tournaments, etc.

What kind of sports  ??  "Hide the Weenie" was my favorite social sport...Other than that it was  hunting, fishing, shooting rats at the town dump, etc.  etc.....

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Pygmy said:

What kind of sports  ??  "Hide the Weenie" was my favorite social sport...Other than that it was  hunting, fishing, shooting rats at the town dump, etc.  etc.....

Played travel baseball, basketball, football, and soccer growing up. So tons of weekends traveling across the country. It was basketball tourneys that typically interfered with NFL playoffs and Super Bowl. I'd watch in hotel rooms or listen in the car. But don't worry, I started playing hide the sausage in 1998 and never stopped since. 

• Like 1

Took little squirrel to Forge Pond this morning. I had my 1 crappie and 2 yellow perch. LS had his first ever Pickerel. As he tried to lift it into the boat it came unbuttoned. a nice one. I’d say 20” or so. Nice for down here where a “DEEP” lake is 8’, and this was about 3’ deep. 

The sky open up and dumped on us, so no pictures. I guess it never really happened then lol.

• Like 5

Took little squirrel to Forge Pond this morning. I had my 1 crappie and 2 yellow perch. LS had his first ever Pickerel. As he tried to lift it into the boat it came unbuttoned. a nice one. I’d say 20” or so. Nice for down here where a “DEEP” lake is 8’, and this was about 3’ deep. 
The sky open up and dumped on us, so no pictures. I guess it never really happened then lol.

What’s better than when a pickerel
Comes off before you swing it into the boat??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Played travel baseball, basketball, football, and soccer growing up. So tons of weekends traveling across the country. It was basketball tourneys that typically interfered with NFL playoffs and Super Bowl. I'd watch in hotel rooms or listen in the car. But don't worry, I started playing hide the sausage in 1998 and never stopped since. 

Putnam is a COUNTY, not a COUNTRY. Common mistake. Like thinking soccer is a SPORT

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

What’s better than when a pickerel
Comes off before you swing it into the boat??

The look on his face when he saw it was priceless!! He said it looked like a cross between a snake and an alligator. I thought he hooked a nice largemouth when I saw the rod bend. I was pleasantly proven wrong. It was prob the largest fish on the boat so far. I managed 2 LMB last visit to this spot, arguably heavier but not as long. 

Hmmm...good question for a thread possibly. How do you determine largest fish...weight or length. For me I guess the heaviest. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, squirrelwhisperer said:

The look on his face when he saw it was priceless!! He said it looked like a cross between a snake and an alligator. I thought he hooked a nice largemouth when I saw the rod bend. I was pleasantly proven wrong. It was prob the largest fish on the boat so far. I managed 2 LMB last visit to this spot, arguably heavier but not as long. 

Hmmm...good question for a thread possibly. How do you determine largest fish...weight or length. For me I guess the heaviest. 

Slime darts! I agree with heaviest

• Like 1

Putnam is a COUNTY, not a COUNTRY. Common mistake. Like thinking soccer is a SPORT

Soccer was actually the most traveling. I “guest played” for many teams across the country. Travel teams were allowed a few “guest players” for tourneys. So I’d join teams for a weekend. I got units and meals, my parents got a free hotel room. Maryland was a common tournament spot. I actually played a lot of indoor soccer in Syracuse actually. The Blitz was their big time team

When a Laker comes off before it dumps a gallon of sh*t in your boat.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

I’ve never seen a Laker shit. I’ve seen them float when top water is too warm. But never poop. Some local guys use those oxygen needle things. I just try to throw them down head first deep quickly

Soccer was actually the most traveling. I “guest played” for many teams across the country. Travel teams were allowed a few “guest players” for tourneys. So I’d join teams for a weekend. I got units and meals, my parents got a free hotel room. Maryland was a common tournament spot. I actually played a lot of indoor soccer in Syracuse actually. The Blitz was their big time team

Ah the old days of the Syracuse Blitz....love playing against that club. Remember an indoor tourny back in the day called the St. Valentine's Day Massacre....winner got a bid to the indoor national finals in Columbus Ohio.
Sorry for going off topic......Biz just brought back some major memories.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Funny...1998 was about when I STOPPED, at least on a regular basis...<<sigh>>...

That would be a really cool story if soccer was a real sport!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, crappyice said:

That would be a really cool story if soccer was a real sport!

I liked football better, but soccer was easy to dominate as well and indoor soccer fit nicely into winters when my cyo basketball games were weeknights. 

3 minutes ago, Pygmy said:

Are state, municipal and other public launches open, or is it just private launches and marinas ?

I drove by the State DEC launch on Skaneatelas Lake 2 days ago and it was open with several trucks and empty trailers in the parking lot. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Pygmy said:

Are state, municipal and other public launches open, or is it just private launches and marinas ?

1 hour ago, Otto said:

I drove by the State DEC launch on Skaneatelas Lake 2 days ago and it was open with several trucks and empty trailers in the parking lot. 

they should all be open or opening back up.  People just have to social distance and they cant have like open businesses selling boats etc but unattended launches are good to go.  

• Like 3