What did these come out of?

SteveNY

Looks like porcupine crap but it looks like grouse as well. I think grouse has a more pronounced white to it than in the picture and normally not in a pile like that but scattered. Taste it and let us know lol.

Edited by wdswtr

100% positive grouse.

Have found the same durring winter when the grouse would litterally burry in the deep snow and explode from their hide when you almost step on them.

I'm sure Chenengo Dave could also confirm with the great trail cam shots he gets of grouse at the drum logs. I believe that's one way he picks his sets is by flushing the bird and finding the poop....or is it flushing the poop and finding the bird....either way, grouse!

Turkey......more specifically.....a gobbler or tom turkey. Hen poop looks like splattered white paint but males seem to poop more formed and in a "J" shape. Not sure why this is so. My land is the most sought after turkey hunting spot in the area much to my dismay, and they roost here sometimes in excess of a hundred birds at a time. Under the roost trees is where I have seen both the paint type and the "J" type.

NYH

LOL! I realize the picture is a close up but, now I'm looking at the size of that poop in relation to the leaves it is laying on. If it is as big as it looks to me, a grouse to poop that big would be very easy to spot in the woods. It would have to either be the huge twenty pound grouse or the little one with the BIG BULGING EYES from straining! :)

Some of you folks don't know shit....<<grin>>...

Porcupine droppings are pellets, very similar to rabbit turds, but more elongated.

The shape is similar to gobbler " J " turds, , but turkey gobblers roost HIGH in trees and the droppings would not be concentrated in such a small area..

There is no doubt in my military mind that those are grouse droppings. Grouse tend to roost much closer to the ground than turkeys, which would explain why they are grouped so close together.

Some of you folks don't know shit....<<grin>>...

Porcupine droppings are pellets, very similar to rabbit turds, but more elongated.

The shape is similar to gobbler " J " turds, , but turkey gobblers roost HIGH in trees and the droppings would not be concentrated in such a small area..

There is no doubt in my military mind that those are grouse droppings. Grouse tend to roost much closer to the ground than turkeys, which would explain why they are grouped so close together.

You are so full of schit (knowledge) your eyes are brown!

Grouse? Plausible. Like you said, no way is it from any turkey I've ever seen.