Possible record buck out of Raquette lake area

Buck Down

Has anyone seen the picture on www.adkhunter.com. If it is indeed real, that thing is a monster. I did a search on google and came up with some more info at adkforum.com which sounds like it is a different picture than the one at adkhunter, but you have to be a member of the adkforum to view the picture. If anyone can post some more pictures that would be great. They are saying in green scored 210 B&C.

Looks like a 13 point with a broken brow tine. 210 seems rather high to me. Nice deer however. If I could ever figure out how to post a picture I would. I can do it on every site im on but this one. I give up.

Edited by wdswtr

Looks like a 13 point with a broken brow tine. 210 seems rather high to me. Nice deer however. If I could ever figure out how to post a picture I would. I can do it on every site im on but this one. I give up.

Right next to the "Post" button there is a "More Reply Options" button, click that.

On the next page, on the bottom left hand side of the reply box it says "Attach Files" with a "Choose Files..." button.

I am sure this is a hoax... the only people that have seen this buck are those looking at online pics..this is not a Rachette Lack Buck.. and probably not be from NY at all.. other pics suggest it is a mount ... I've seen 2 pics, 2 different vehicles, 2 different color ropes, same tarp... and I don't know anyone that would kill a NY record that would hide the buck under a tarp when taking pics.

Just saw this: on adkhunter.com Everyone, stay calm.

post_new.gif Today, 11:06 AM #<a href="http://www.adkforum.com/showpost.php?p=177303&postcount=38" id="postcount177303" name="38" rel="nofollow" target="new">38

wiselion vbmenu_register("postmenu_177303", true);

This is a spoof. My father and I wanted to have some fun and shock a friend in the adk's. My dad is having major surgery Nov 2nd and we wanted to have some fun before the surgery.You guys are incredible detectives. Two different trucks and tarps-smart. The rack is real however, and they are the same buck in both pictures.He was shot in Canada in 1983 and scores 204 1/8Kelsey scoreboard 2001/8 B&C.

I hope everyone has a good laugh, if not I'm sorry. The post was just going to far. Pass this on to My hunting forum and ADK hunter if you will, or I can.

It was fun as hell though. My dad did laugh his *** off, so I am happy.Yes, we did do this to a frend in the catskills with the other truck about 10 years ago.

Hope all is cool.......... user_online.gif

That's a hell of a buck no matter where or when it was killed. Love the mass, just a monster.

Atleast he came out and said its just a spoof, unlike shed gate where overwhelming evidence pointed to BS and the guy kept on proclaming it was a real set of sheds.

Edited by erussell

(Update 10/26) Meanwhile, a few buck photos have come in that stir up a little mystery, such as the photo at the left. Rumor had that it was taken near Raquette Lake, but as it turned out it was just a prank (and a good one). Nice set of antlers though! Never underestimate the power of the Internet when it comes to these things.