Nephew just smoked one in Genoa.

First-light

Here is the latest, I lost internet service so couldn't post last night. They had to back out because the buck went on to posted property. This property is really thick they didn't want to push him, so hopefully he beds down and expires. Still had blood when it they backed out. He tried last night to get permission but could not get a hold of the landowner. He is trying again this morning and will give me an update.

I guess at least somebody got it, and not the yotes? that has to be a huge let down for your nephew, especially when you slam one with a recurve. Personally if I found one like that I would make a big effort to find the owner.

How do you know some one didn't finish it off? and judging by the distance it traveled you would be hard pressed to back track it and find the shooter.

Hey,

Nephew just called, someone from the DEC is bringing up dogs to search for the deer. This is what he told me. He made a few calls and the guy on the other line told him you better be sure that the gut pile was from your deer, it's worth double checking on a deer this size. What the hell, guy offered so off they go. Should be in the woods in the next hour or so. Like deer search they use Dachshund dogs to find the deer. Guy told him his dogs have found deer on 5 day old tracks. Weather been good so maybe just maybe the gut pile was from another deer and at some point my Nephew picked up the wrong track?? I'll keep you posted, if he finds this deer it will be an amazing story.