Are we watching the downfall of our country?

7 minutes ago, Chef said:

So was it already great or did the orange idiot need to make it great again?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chef, you are a smart guy but you are embarrassing yourself. America was always great, but the last president and the current run of democraps were and are hell bent on the destruction of our great nation. The "orange idiot" is doing his best to derail the runaway trail created by the precious admin and the attempts at perpetuation by the democraps. 

That was supposed to say previous admin

Edited by squirrelwhisperer
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Chef said:

So was it already great or did the orange idiot need to make it great again?

Well according to Cuomo America was never that great. I will say Trump has his faults but I believe we would be far worse with a Democrat for president.

Edited by rob-c
  • Like 1

For those who keep stating Trump has not accomplished anything since he was elected, I give you the facts.

https://www.frcaction.org/accomplishments

https://www.promiseskept.com/recent/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2019/12/26/best-things-trump-has-done/

All of it makes America great again.

Edited by Rattler
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, BowmanMike said:

Not Trumps fault,but whenever people claim this is the greatest country in the world it sounds over the top. Compared to what? Based on what? Democracy is good,freedoms are,but generally they also come with responsibilities. 

Seems to me that people claiming this is the greatest country in the world are also legends in their own minds.

There is room for improvement everywhere,and should we not strive for that?

I think a good majority of the population is riding on the coat tails of the generations before them , the gritty take no BS generation that so many people are trying to erase from history.

25 minutes ago, squirrelwhisperer said:

Please enlighten us and name a country that is better than the USA. IF you manage to come up with any country name and actually believe it to be better, why are you here and not there??

Iceland. Love to be there but too old to immigrate. 

The question works both ways. With all the bitching about NY on this forum ... why are you guys still here? 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, left field said:

The question works both ways. With all the bitching about NY on this forum ... why are you guys still here? 

Iceland ? Who wants to wear an itchy sweater 365 days a year?

1 minute ago, left field said:

I never bitched about NY. NY's gov't on the otherhand... 

As long as I can afford to live here, I will. 

I wouldn't want to experience winter in Iceland. 

For those who keep stating Trump has not accomplished anything since he was elected, I give you the facts.
https://www.frcaction.org/accomplishments
https://www.promiseskept.com/recent/
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2019/12/26/best-things-trump-has-done/
All of it makes America great again.

Ok again not a fact based news source. 2nd half the shit on that list is about religious freedom. Hey guy that is in the constitution and no one in this country has ever tried to take away your religious freedoms.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, left field said:

It takes time to get out.  Besides, it's hard to sell a home and land in a state that has high taxes and very little freedom, especially regarding the 2nd Amendment.

1 minute ago, Chef said:

Ok again not a fact based news source. 2nd half the shit on that list is about religious freedom. Hey guy that is in the constitution and no one in this country has ever tried to take away your religious freedoms.

YET. Keep pandering to the muslims

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Chef said:

So those are not facts?  I think you are wrong about that.

No one has ever tried to take away your religious freedom?  Have you been watching the lock down restrictions?  The Little Sister's of the Poor oppression?  The cake baker being sued?  Prayer in school?  Tim Tebow?  Govt attacks on the 10 Commandments in public buildings?  Taking In God We Trust off the money?  Employers not paying for abortions or birth control in their insurance plans?  Etc., etc., etc.

BTW, the 2nd A is in the Constitution too.  Is that not being taken away, especially here in NY?

Edited by Rattler

12 minutes ago, left field said:

I love living where I live. Upstate ny has tons to offer the outdoors type person. Change of seasons , long hunting & fishing seasons , finger & Great Lake access, Catskills &  Adirondack’s, Niagara’s falls, Watkins glen race track, tons of state land. The politics ruin this state, hence why people are leaving in droves. 

Edited by rob-c
  • Like 1

So those are not facts?  I think you are wrong about that.
No one has ever tried to take away your religious freedom?  Have you been watching the lock down restrictions?  The Little Sister's of the Poor oppression?  The cake baker being sued?  Prayer in school?  Tim Tebow?  Govt attacks on the 10 Commandments in public buildings?  Taking In God We Trust off the money?  Employers not paying for abortions or birth control in their insurance plans?  Etc., etc., etc.
BTW, the 2nd A is in the Constitution too.  Is that not being taken away, especially here in NY?

Ok first off, not one if these lock downs prevented anyone from practicing their religion. If you think you need to go to church to practice christianity you obviously know nothing on the subject. 2nd religion has no place in schools, our constitution allows from freedom of religion but also separation of church and state. That part also applies to money, it not saying the word god on our money does not effect your freedom to practice your religion now does it.

As far as birth Controll and abortion should support both but don’t think that employers should be forced to cover it

16 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

I think a good majority of the population is riding on the coat tails of the generations before them , the gritty take no BS generation that so many people are trying to erase from history.

I fully agree with that statement Jeremy. This is a problem in a lot of countries around the world. But,it also is the older generations (us)  perogative to think of the younger one as soft or spoiled. Everything is definetely not black or white,there are more than 50 shades of gray.

3 minutes ago, Chef said:

2nd religion has no place in schools, our constitution allows from freedom of religion but also separation of church and state. 

Where is separation of church in the Constitution?  I've never been able to find that in it?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, BowmanMike said:

did you see the video? If that cop felt threatened by a skinny senior he should be looking for a different job.

That really is the problem,the way some cops go about doing stuff. You can choose to escalate things or de-escalate,but to bad the training doesnt cover that very well.

Whatever happened to listening to the cops? That is what I have done all my life in my very limited experience with them. They ask you to move....you move.....pretty simple....

• Like 1