Stars

Dom

I'm not sure that I would even if such a hunt were offered. I think it wouldn't be that big a deal for me since I am sort of a laid-back hunter that likes to do his own thing. I really have no desires to participate in a guided hunt unless it were for one of the big game animals out west somewhere. I certainly don't want to get involved with farm-raised deer, or fenced in animals, and I'm afraid that a hunt with one of these hunter-heroes would probably end up to be exactly that. In short, to converse with one of these guys would be ok, but I would pass on hunting with them.

I'm not sure that I would even if such a hunt were offered. I think it wouldn't be that big a deal for me since I am sort of a laid-back hunter that likes to do his own thing. I really have no desires to participate in a guided hunt unless it were for one of the big game animals out west somewhere. I certainly don't want to get involved with farm-raised deer, or fenced in animals, and I'm afraid that a hunt with one of these hunter-heroes would probably end up to be exactly that. In short, to converse with one of these guys would be ok, but I would pass on hunting with them.

I would have to agree with what Doc said. And you couldn't pay to hunt with draft dodgin' Whacko Nugent. These "pro's" don't hunt like we do. They hunt petting zoo animals.

I do know some of the big names in the Traditional Bowhunting world and these are down to earth individuals. The real deal. And they hunt like you and I do. No food plots or fenced hunts. I was lucky enough to have met Glenn St Charles a couple of times while he was still alive. These men, as humble as they are, left behind a huge legacy. And it is because of them, we enjoy the bowhunting seasons we have today.

I would have to agree with what Doc said. And you couldn't pay to hunt with draft dodgin' Whacko Nugent. These "pro's" don't hunt like we do. They hunt petting zoo animals.

I do know some of the big names in the Traditional Bowhunting world and these are down to earth individuals. The real deal. And they hunt like you and I do. No food plots or fenced hunts. I was lucky enough to have met Glenn St Charles a couple of times while he was still alive. These men, as humble as they are, left behind a huge legacy. And it is because of them, we enjoy the bowhunting seasons we have today.

Steve, I did not know that Nugent was a draft dodger, what an idiot. Mark another one off my list.

I turkey hunted with Bill Jordan, Jim Varney, Rob Keck and some other "so called" celebs... I use to do a big weekend celebrity fundraiser turkey hunt every year back in the late 90's... it was fun... the nice part was that it wasn't a staged hunt.. it was held on leased land here in NY... and was the same kind of hunting we're all use to here in NY... none of the celebs did any better than anyone else... because the function was put on by non celebs all of the big shots that were present acted like regular guys... with the exception of Rob Keck... who was probably one of the biggest self centered A-holes I have ever met... I can't not think of a handful of people in the world that I have met that I would ever say that about.. but I genuinely do not like the man... and because of him I will never be a member of the NWTF. Bill Jordan, however was a great guy... and Jim Varney, who I got to know quite well, was probably one of the most intelligent men that I have ever met and one of the funniest.

not my thing. That being said, I have always said I would love to invite a couple to my place and say show me how it is done. Just them and I would give them time to scout etc. Then I could see just how good they are. I doubt they would do anything spectacular. That being said, to me they are "merchadise whores" not hunters. Every other word out of their mouth is I used my such and such gun with a such and such bulllet and a such and such laser finder etc etc. They get free canned hunts to hawk for the outfitter, they get free equipment, and get paid. Good gig yes, my kind of gig no.

• Like 1

If you wrote out a list of all the 'Stars' I probably wouldn't be able to pick out 10% of names I'd recognize. So I don't see what the big deal is. Having said that if I won a contest or some jazz, and got to hunt somewhere as a vacation and not like it's work as usuall, sure I'd go. Who wouldn't?

What I'd realy like to do is attend a hunt / event where the hunter is a wounded warrior, or make a wish event, something like that. I'd blood trail - recover for them, or hang out at camp and process.

I'd like to hunt with Miranda Lambert. She's a star and she likes to hunt.

I'd also like to hunt with Sarah Evans. I don't know if she likes to hunt or not, but I don't really care... :wub: ...

Pygmy.. there is hope! Eva Longoria is a hunter too! There are celebs in Hollywood that hunt. But most keep a low profile for fear of being Black listed.

I am with Fantail, I always thought getting involved with wounded warrior , make a wish or someting like that for hunting & fishing would be good. I believe Buck masters does this sort of thing also. I think I would like to hunt with Roger Raglin if it were ever possible, he seems like a down to earth guy. The rest I could care less about. But Sara Evavs would work in a pinch!

I've never hunted with any 'big-names'... met some though. As stated previously - they sure hawked their sponsor's wares every other sentence.

If I was given a choice to hunt with a big-name, I'd probably choose Charlie Alsheimer... great guy there (with Nicole Jones scoring a close second - hehehe).

I've never hunted with any 'big-names'... met some though. As stated previously - they sure hawked their sponsor's wares every other sentence.

If I was given a choice to hunt with a big-name, I'd probably choose Charlie Alsheimer... great guy there (with Nicole Jones scoring a close second - hehehe).

Muzzy, I agree with you most of these TV shows are nothing more then a 30-minute commercial.