Time to Buy In to ML

UpStateRedNeck

7 minutes ago, UpStateRedNeck said:

Any recommendations on a 100 to 200$ scope for that Triumph?  I get the feeling my dad doesn't see so good anymore, though he won't admit it.  He'll need a scope to make it a workable firearm for him.  

I put a nikon buckmasters 2 on mine and I love it. If you can find a good nikon for a good price, id get one of those

OK, I have a slight issue :

ON my new CVA I need to get the blackhorn breech plug seated fully, and it came with a wrench.

Problem:  The frickin scope is in the way of using the wrench to crank it down.  Before I tried to McGuyver it, wanted to put it out there for one of you MZ old hands to educate me.

Watched a video, I know as soon as I have it seated down properly it should hand tighten, but it's not yet.  I cranked it as hard as I could by hand and the hammer will not draw back to the locked position.

16 minutes ago, UpStateRedNeck said:

ON my new CVA I need to get the blackhorn breech plug seated fully, and it came with a wrench.

Problem:  The frickin scope is in the way of using the wrench to crank it down.  Before I tried to McGuyver it, wanted to put it out there for one of you MZ old hands to educate me.

Watched a video, I know as soon as I have it seated down properly it should hand tighten, but it's not yet.  I cranked it as hard as I could by hand and the hammer will not draw back to the locked position.

Seems like a fairly easy fix...take the scope off. You have to resight it anyway, so it doesnt matter

22 hours ago, UpStateRedNeck said:

Mine is a regular bolt head so I carry a ratchet and socket

• 1 month later...
On 10/16/2020 at 3:43 PM, sbuff said:

I melted mine down, told my dentist to use for my replacement fillings ,he said they are not even good for that!! ( fellow hunter and joking for my replacement fillings no American dental association violation taking place )

So if the PBs are not a good choice , what is if shooting pellets