Anyone ever have to use your pistol in a real life situation?

ELMER J. FUDD

Nope..Never been shot at or directly threatened with a firearm..

However, I have been threatened with a knife, and consider myself lucky that I was not injured...I very well might have been injured or killed if a patrol car from Brooklyn's finest did not come down the street while this was taking place. This took place outside the Brooklyn Naval Yard in 1971.

I made a vow after that, that if I ever NEEDED a firearm again, I would HAVE one.

That's one reason I will not return to NYC..If I can't pack a pistol, I ain't GOING there..

• Like 1

I have had experiences with both a gun and a knife being pulled on me.. in both cases I did not have my pistol, but disarmed both men without being hurt myself... can't say the same for the other guys. I wouldn't recommend trying to disarm a gunman in most instances.. especially if you can escape some other way without getting shot.. I didn't have much choice and truly believed he was going to shoot me and just reacted... 28 years of martial arts helped... I truly hope i never have to use a weapon on another human being.

I had a guy level a shotgun at me about 25 years ago. Strange situation, really.

It was spring gobbler season and I was catching a cat nap around 1:00 in the hot afternoon. I was parket at the end of a dead end road, snoozing in the back of my 1983 Ford Ranger. I had a cap on it, the gate was down and the hatch was open. I heard a voice say "what you doing?" As I knocked the sand from my eyes and focused on the voice, I recognized the man with the Browning A5 pointed my way. "Hey Willy, what the hell are you doing, point that gun someplace else" I said.

We went round and round for a couple minutes, me in my truck with my hand on the S&W Model 37 under a coat near me. I was totally vulnerable in the situation but had no choice but hope for the best.

Well, the reason he was so pissed is that the road has right away that a bulldozer couldn't get through but IF he wanted to try and go down it, I was in the way. Douche bag.......................

To tell the truth, he was always felt threatened by me and thought I would sneak on his land behind his back. He bought the land in the early 80's and thought he was back in Germany with his buddies?? NOBODY went on his land. No problem. I have hunted next to his land, on MY buddies land since the 70's and have NEVER stepped foot on his place once. (Oh, I won't mention anything about him killing a doe on my buddies land and putting a doe tag on it from a different area or the violation he got from the DEC for baiting, all many years after the incident above)

Well, I really did feel like my life was at risk but I sure as hell didn't want to show him I had my S&W. Things calmed down and I moved the truck. Dick head...................................<grin></grin>

Once back in the early 80's, a buddy and I went to my hunting camp during the week, We both went in his truck. Thursday evening, he decided to go home. I decided to stay as I knew the gang would be in Friday and I could hop a ride home with one of them. Anyway long story short in the middle of the night, I hear a commotion. I came to and saw headlights in the yard at 3AM. I grabbed the blackhawk and waited. A younger couple broke in. They brought a coleman lantern and beer to finish a party at my camp. Well when they got in the main part of the camp, I made my presence known and told them I had a handgun. They scrambeld to get out. The reason I know they had a lantern and beer was they left it behind. Now the camp I had back then was almost a half mile off the main road and 3 miles to town and me with no transportation. I sat there until daylight waiting for them to return with a bunch of buddies, which they never did. At daylight I walked into town and phoned the sherriifs dept. They came looked at the situation and told me to keep the lantern and beer. Although I never pointed the gun at anyone, it was in my hand and ready. I also hope I never have to use a gun in that way, but I am ready if I need to. All I can say about the whole situation is having a gun if you are not well versed with it and ready to use it is worse than not havibg one at all. Oh and BTW again I am glad Ilive in an area where the hunters know the difference between a man and a deer, and I have never been shot at during deer season.

A knife in Rochester NY...hhmm and a gun in Florida...step mothers husband came to steel back his kids that she'd stolen from him...I wouldn't give up the kids...13 at the time....first there was a scuffle between my bother my self and him...when we got him out the door he went to rental and got a gun...I barricaded us in the house those kids were my responsibility...get one to day care and myself and other to school every morning ...he left and returned with police...no parents around I still refused to open the doors...until they threatened to arrest my brother and send me to detention center...he'd gone to get help from neighbors...I let one ..the youngest go...all left before parents ever got back from jobs...later found out...police had been paid by him as back up....they knew we were alone because of a detective...had tried to get in earlier asking if some one lived there...I wouldn't open the door then either...so he didn't know my brother was there when giving the go ahead....

Edited by growalot

Someone I know came into my office and thought it was ok to point a loaded revolver in my gut. I was standing typing at someones computer and all of a sudden on my left side I feel something. He says something in a fake criminal voice like " gimme all your money". This is the move I put him in see around 0:42 in the vid.

He had one of those stupid embarassed laughs when it was pointing at the back of his head. I gave him 3 choices, the gun, his head on the concrete floor, or both if he didn't let it go. The idiot was an acquaintance of some people at work AND I know and see him frequently. I realized who it was when I had his gun up by his back ear. It's been bothering me for a while now because he still comes around. I didn't break his arm because I know his family needs his income. The idiot actually went and told my boss that he was showing me the gun and I just grabbed him. My boss said he was white as a ghost and freaked when I told him what really happened.

The next time I saw him I asked if he still "plays with guns"

HE HAS A PISTOL PERMIT.

Never had to pull a gun on anyone so far, thank goodness.

I've almost been shot three times.

Once as a youth hunter my father was loading a lever-action rifle, and was "easing" the hammer back when it went off, a couple inches left and he'd have shot me in the foot. I think he was more upset about it than I was.

Another time was "driving" deer and a hunting partner sent a swarm of buckshot my way, claimed he didn't see the orange I was wearing. He's now an ex-partner.

A psycho live-in girlfriend once pointed my home-protection revolver at me during an argument. I tried taking it away, and she sent one flying past my head. My current wife is a little more tame. :lol: