Mathews Mission Venture vs. BowTech's Assassin R.A.K.

crappyice

Im in the market for a new bow and set a limit at $600 for a bare bones bow. After shooting both the Venture and the assasin, i felt little difference (positve or negative---I was hoping one would feel marketly better). The Venture runs $500 bare while the Assassin is $679 including arrow rest, fiber optic sight with peep, wrist wrap, quizer, stabilizer. Since I will be needing to outfit the new bow with new accessories, I figured an additonal $150-$200 making the assassin fit in my price range.

Looking for your thoguhts...right now I am leaning towards the Venture for three reasson, single cam less moving parts; roller guides on strings as opposed to slide rod; Mathews am exclusive bow company as opposed to bowtech who is part of Savage arms.

What am I missing???

Funny you post this up, i bought a mission venture about 3 months ago and my cousin bought the assasin. i love my mission and am extremely happy i went with it, his assasin is a little faster than mine is but mine is a quieter shooter. roller gaurd vs. slide rod just seems like bowtech cheaped out there. Mission is lifetime warranty and there very forgiving dependng on who your pro shop is mathews will cover a lot of stuff that they probly shouldn't bowtech wont. He loves his were both at 60lbs my draw is 26 his is 28 or 29 i cant remember but that alone is going to make his a little faster. mine i feel is more forgiving though as he's missed a number of targets shooting anywhere from 20-60 yards. i've shot my bow 3 or 4 times as much as he has and ive only missed a target once. i know that doesnt say a lot but this is my first real new bow and i got a lot better in a hurry when i got mine. big change from shooting an early 90s PSE.

he bought his for 650 with the quiver rest and site already on it. he got some arrows and such and ended up near 800 for his setup fully. I went with a little cheaper bow but i went with top notch accesories. all said and done i am at $1050 for everything i have on my bow

Mission Venture - $500

Mission M5 quiver - $125

Axion Edge site - $120

Axion Stabilizer - $75

Beman ISC Hunter Elite Arrows with Dual Vbrake - $70 half dozen

Whisker Biscuit Kill Shot - $40

tax, peep, kisser, etc etc - Total $1047

Ordered mine with custom black riser and camo limbs, camo sight and stabilizer and quiver. unique and looks badass. His is the all black assasin. i like the style of the assasin but i couldn't be happier with my Venture. i'll be keeping it for many years to come.

i love mathews... i have 2 bows from them, one solo can and one dual cam and ill tell you for a dual cam its so smooth and forgiving it shoots so close to my solo cam. they deff are on the ball with technology... If the price meets your budget if you go with the mathews then do what works for you. dont settle tho, if the bowtech feels better, spend the extra beans.

i vote mathews tho lol

I was never a Matthews fan as I thought you were more or less buying the name. That was until last week when I picked up my buddies Monster. We were shooting and I grabbed his Mathews, I had previously never fired it as its left handed, first 2 arrows touching in the 10 ring. That will be my next bow purchase.

I bought the mr5 in a 27" draw and its blazing fast, quiet and forgiving! The penetration is truly un real. At 25 yards quatering away i blew through the lungs and right through the off shoulder with a rage BH. Complete pass through... Im so happy with the performance and feel of the mr5, the guys at the shop thought i was crazy for blind ordering it but even they were impressed when it came in.

I had a post up, almost identical a few months ago, when i went to the shop to shoot the mission and the assassin, they also had a Hoyt Rampage XT there.. Once i shot the Hoyt i was sold.. Its a little more pricey(approx) 600 bare bow, but i felt for me anyway, it was alot more bow for the money.

Nybuck50- so interesting because my search started with me shooting the Hoyt rampage xt vs the pse(dont remember tha model but same price range). The first dealer did not carry mathews. Liked the hoyt. Then I shot the Rampage xt vs the venture and the venture felt better to me. That dealer handed me the assassin and that's why I am now stuck since i could not discern a difference either way in shot or sound.Just so interesting how each person's "feel" is probably the most important feature to consider.

Thanks for all the replies...think I am confident in the venture.