CBD for pain...

ny hunter

the good stuff with some thc is pretty easy to get in NY, there are dozens of doctors near any of the major cities who will write you a script for a tincture or vape. I found the combo was better than just cbd. Now of course our lying governor said he was going to legalize it when seeing he might get challenged for his seat by someone who would, and then he didn't because he's a pompous f'n liar. and now his head is the size of Australia so he probably thinks he's untouchable.

but yeah.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Belo said:

the good stuff with some thc is pretty easy to get in NY, there are dozens of doctors near any of the major cities who will write you a script for a tincture or vape. I found the combo was better than just cbd. Now of course our lying governor said he was going to legalize it when seeing he might get challenged for his seat by someone who would, and then he didn't because he's a pompous f'n liar. and now his head is the size of Australia so he probably thinks he's untouchable.

but yeah.

The "good stuff" lol. You can bet your mortgage that NYS (Cuomo) has a team of hundreds working on legalization right now. The #1 issue preventing legalization in NY is what else - MONEY. The current administration simply hasn't been able to develop a workable model whereas the state maximizes revenue and maintains control over the sale and possession at the same time. THC taxation would be a huge financial windfall for the state, they know this conclusively and they want that tax money bad. But in typical government fashion they're in no rush to legalize because there's 1) not a specific political advantage to legalization in NYS at the moment and 2) they realize that if they do legalize it will open up other issues they have no idea how to handle.

The trial run so-to-speak of growing industrial hemp in NY was an administrative disaster for the state and financial disaster for NYS farmers. The notion that the state can manage a THC market 100x that size is laughable. At some point in the near future the state will legalize THC products and it will end up just being another debacle. But hey, at least we'll be lit when we're getting screwed.

Edited by Enigma

1 hour ago, Enigma said:

The "good stuff" lol. You can bet your mortgage that NYS (Cuomo) has a team of hundreds working on legalization right now. The #1 issue preventing legalization in NY is what else - MONEY. The current administration simply hasn't been able to develop a workable model whereas the state maximizes revenue and maintains control over the sale and possession at the same time. THC taxation would be a huge financial windfall for the state, they know this conclusively and they want that tax money bad. But in typical government fashion they're in no rush to legalize because there's 1) not a specific political advantage to legalization in NYS at the moment and 2) they realize that if they do legalize it will open up other issues they have no idea how to handle.

The trial run so-to-speak of growing industrial hemp in NY was an administrative disaster for the state and financial disaster for NYS farmers. The notion that the state can manage a THC market 100x that size is laughable. At some point in the near future the state will legalize THC products and it will end up just being another debacle. But hey, at least we'll be lit when we're getting screwed.

there's what, a dozen states where it's legal now? Including neighboring Mass and NJ. The models exist and both of those blue states weren't losing anything politically either. 

1 hour ago, Belo said:

there's what, a dozen states where it's legal now? Including neighboring Mass and NJ. The models exist and both of those blue states weren't losing anything politically either. 

I agree. But we live in NY and well, enough said.

Right now NY is losing the revenue of people purchasing cannabis cross border similar to when people travel to PA to buy cartons of cigs or to NJ for cheaper gas. That's some incentive for NY to act I guess. But even when the models for state administration of industrial hemp growing, processing and sales existed in places like Oregon, NYS had to put their crap stamp on a decent model and blew their chance for success. Legalization in NY isn't far away though I'm sure and it will no doubt be intetesting lol. 

FWIW I honestly hope NYS does not legalize THC products anytime soon. From what I understand the free market model in effect now, although illegal lol, functions quite well. Getting the state involved in regulation of THC sales would benefit no one other than the state imho. 

• Like 1

I've never used CBD, but I've tried melatonin. Melatonin didn't do a damn thing for me. Sleep aids knock me out, 50 grams of diphenhydramine will put me out generally. I think as a society we are always searching for some miracle pill to cure all ailments. Cbd to me is the newest "cure." Is it possible it helps certain people? Maybe. Or maybe it's in their head that it helps... I'm no pharmacist or scientist but the placebo effect is a real thing.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chrisw said:

I've never used CBD, but I've tried melatonin. Melatonin didn't do a damn thing for me. Sleep aids knock me out, 50 grams of diphenhydramine will put me out generally. I think as a society we are always searching for some miracle pill to cure all ailments. Cbd to me is the newest "cure." Is it possible it helps certain people? Maybe. Or maybe it's in their head that it helps... I'm no pharmacist or scientist but the placebo effect is a real thing.

Absolutely.

Kinda like scent lok clothing, hecs suits and my personal favorite, ozonics. 

The power of positive thinking. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, ny hunter said:

Tried the TINCTURE for 2 days Pain was a lot better but I did get nasty headaches ....so much for that,,,,,  Thankyou for all the input,,

If I'm starting to sound like a doctor or a dope dealer I'm sorry. I'm really neither lol. 

Best explanation for the headaches side effect I can offer is that CBD is nasty stuff to ingest. Its usually dissolved in small amounts of ethanol. Just enough to get it in solution. The purity and concentration of the CBD and more importantly the purity and final concentration of the ethanol, in a tincture, can make a difference in the occurrence and severity of side effects like headaches.

An analogy would be when someone gets a hangover from consuming low grade booze. Your body's saying "Wth is this nasty stuff (CBD) in the system?"  Combine that with the filler solvents common in tinctures (poison) and flavor additives to make it palatable and your body revolts. 

Kudos to you for giving it a shot though. 

15 hours ago, Enigma said:

I agree. But we live in NY and well, enough said.

Right now NY is losing the revenue of people purchasing cannabis cross border similar to when people travel to PA to buy cartons of cigs or to NJ for cheaper gas. That's some incentive for NY to act I guess. But even when the models for state administration of industrial hemp growing, processing and sales existed in places like Oregon, NYS had to put their crap stamp on a decent model and blew their chance for success. Legalization in NY isn't far away though I'm sure and it will no doubt be intetesting lol. 

FWIW I honestly hope NYS does not legalize THC products anytime soon. From what I understand the free market model in effect now, although illegal lol, functions quite well. Getting the state involved in regulation of THC sales would benefit no one other than the state imho. 

The free market doesn't work too bad no. But many of the distribution comes from those also distributing other drugs, and while a minor slice of their pie, it's still something. There's crime associated with it, although not much but mostly you don't truly know what you're getting.

The interesting thing about today's weed vs that of the 70's is how potent and custom the strains are. Some can make you happy and want to dance, which a lot of people like but may cause paranoia and freak others out who struggle with anxiety. 

More common for pain and stress relief are strains that mellow you out and cause you to relax, sink into the couch and watch cartoons for a while and forget your back pain. You wake up in the morning with no hangover and many doctors I've spoken with would rather people choose that vice over liquor. Of course everything requires moderation.

Buying "the strain you want" is much harder with today's market haha. Anyhow, the real benefit as you and I know will be tax revenue and jobs. Maybe our blue state gives all that tax money away to fund free college for illegal immigrants. But maybe, just maybe they halt tax hikes or god forbid roll some back. That's the win even if you never take a puff of the stuff. 

15 hours ago, chrisw said:

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

the placebo effect is very real, don't disagree. The positive thing that ganja has going for it though vs a pill is that it's organic and god put it here. No lab made it up. It has many benefits without a whole lot of detractors if not abused. I think just about any doctor would rather someone take a bong rip vs popping oxy for their pain. It's not a miracle drug no, but the fact that we have outlawed a plant that really can't kill you while allowing booze to be acceptable still really makes no sense if you look at the death toll and damage alcohol has. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 1/5/2021 at 11:32 AM, Belo said:

but yeah.

Did this age well? LOL.

Anyhow, I'm not one for herbal remedies much, but figured I'd inquire with respect to some of the ailments I have with my back surgeries and growing shoulder issues. I researched best I could and came up with a reputable brand as I can tell it, and am a few days into taking CBD (no THC) tincture.

I'm sure it's no magic pill, but....I've not lived a pain free day since I was 28 after my first disc rupture and surgery. I'd say the last 24 hours would be some of the lowest pain I've had over that timeframe. Could totally be a coincidence, but definitely better than my "normal" by a big margin. I'm cautiously optimistic here.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, phade said:

Did this age well? LOL.

Anyhow, I'm not one for herbal remedies much, but figured I'd inquire with respect to some of the ailments I have with my back surgeries and growing shoulder issues. I researched best I could and came up with a reputable brand as I can tell it, and am a few days into taking CBD (no THC) tincture.

I'm sure it's no magic pill, but....I've not lived a pain free day since I was 28 after my first disc rupture and surgery. I'd say the last 24 hours would be some of the lowest pain I've had over that timeframe. Could totally be a coincidence, but definitely better than my "normal" by a big margin. I'm cautiously optimistic here.

it holds up well. He promised it in 2018 or maybe even earlier and then finally got it passed mysteriously while getting his ass handed to him over nursing homes and grabbing.

I'm glad you're getting some benefits. You can get a 1:1 thc/cbd ratio. It's barely a buzz with the pain relief, but a nice smooth "high" that really wouldn't effect you all that much mentally.