Speeding ticket

crappyice

My advice to my kids was, keep it under Ten over. Have current reg and insurance cards , where you can easily reach them, inspection and reg stickers up to date . It’s yes sir ,  no sir, I’m sorry sir .
One got one fix it ticket , and one moving violation for when she rear ended a car when she was 16 , 12 years ago . The other never got a ticket and was recently stopped for 70 in a 55, he Actually commented that nobody ever has up to date papers ,when she handed them to him. She was let go .

"Nine you're fine, ten you're mine."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1

Many years ago I funded many of the local towns projects with my traffic tickets, Before I finally figured out that I was the one wrong and they weren't just picking on me..lol.

One particular guy seemed to really enjoy it. Driving into our little hamlet , I see a patrol car behind me a ways.. Knowing he's there I drive by the book.. I get pulled over anyways..

"You know you didn't come to complete stop back there".. "Yes sir I did"

"You didn't signal".. "Yes sir I did" 

About the 4th one. "You crossed the white line"

Now this road hadn't been painted since I was like 8 , so he had me ..I guess. 

I got what ever ticket that was .. Oh, and the no inspection and no seatbelt ticket too.. ;)

15 minutes ago, ncountry said:

Many years ago I funded many of the local towns projects with my traffic tickets, Before I finally figured out that I was the one wrong and they weren't just picking on me..lol.

One particular guy seemed to really enjoy it. Driving into our little hamlet , I see a patrol car behind me a ways.. Knowing he's there I drive by the book.. I get pulled over anyways..

"You know you didn't come to complete stop back there".. "Yes sir I did"

"You didn't signal".. "Yes sir I did" 

About the 4th one. "You crossed the white line"

Now this road hadn't been painted since I was like 8 , so he had me ..I guess. 

I got what ever ticket that was .. Oh, and the no inspection and no seatbelt ticket too.. ;)

Are you the guy that was getting followed around in the WalMart Store ? :taunt:  :pleasantry:

• Haha 1

• 6 months later...
I got a speeding ticket in NYC. I've always previously pled down to non-moving violation. Everything I've read indicates that speeding tickets in NYC cannot be pled down. Is this true? Anyone have experience with traffic violations in NYC?
You're going to the clink

https://www.instagram.com/thejerkman

#JerkmanCustoms
#WeDemandUnlimitedLikes

3 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

What kinda car? How fast? What she hot (the passenger)?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Not hot , otherwise he wouldn’t have gotten written up .

I can’t believe they’re writing traffic tickets , it’s a free for all here . I’ll do 70 in a 55 and get passed on all sides by cars doing 80-90 .  Cars all running reds , passing on double yellow lines , dirt bikes and atvs along with crotch rockets everywhere , sidewalks , blocking intersections , mad Max , was their training film , nobody pulled over , you can pass a cop and flip him off .

If the cops try to pursue,it’s called off by a boss .

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Nomad said:

Not hot , otherwise he wouldn’t have gotten written up .

I can’t believe they’re writing traffic tickets , it’s a free for all here . I’ll do 70 in a 55 and get passed on all sides by cars doing 80-90 .  Cars all running reds , passing on double yellow lines , dirt bikes and atvs along with crotch rockets everywhere , sidewalks , blocking intersections , mad Max , was their training film , nobody pulled over , you can pass a cop and flip him off .

If the cops try to pursue,it’s called off by a boss .

My passenger was gorgeous. But maybe I’m not? Ah, such is life when we expect a certain level of professionalism from our police officers - I can’t smile my way out of a ticket anymore…

Actually, first thing the officer did was notify me that I was being recorded and pointed to his body cam. He also brought his radar gun with him and showed me the reading. I forgot to ask for calibration records. 

There were 2 other cars pulled over after me on my way out of the city. I guess it was quota day. 

• Like 1

On 8/23/2021 at 11:24 AM, Versatile_Hunter said:

I got a speeding ticket in NYC. I've always previously pled down to non-moving violation. Everything I've read indicates that speeding tickets in NYC cannot be pled down. Is this true? Anyone have experience with traffic violations in NYC?

Unfortunately there's no plea bargaining in any of the five boroughs. It's guilty or not guilty.The best you can do is go over the ticket and look for some kinda misprint and hope the cop doesn't amend it at the hearing.

• Thanks 1