Pygmy goes Pigless

Pygmy

I just returned last night from my Georgia pig hunt.

No one in camp even SAW a pig. We put out six bait stations ( about 200 pounds of corn) and only one was hit by pigs, and that was at night.

There was fair amount of sign around, but most of it appeared to be a couple of weeks old. I only saw half a dozen fresh pig tracks. The pigs were simply somewhere else rather than on the 1500 acre lease we were hunting on.

Fortunately, killing stuff is not necessary for us to have a good time. Except for one rainy day, the weather was nice, with temps in the 60s. We heard turkeys gobbling daily, and saw some other wildlife, including deer, a bobcat and a flock of sandhill cranes. It was nice to be out in the woods again.

While we did not damage to the pig population, we put a real HURTIN' on the fried chicken..We ate our meals at little diners in small southern towns each featuring a buffet with good down home cooking. Thier buffets offered a meal with the choice of several entrees and a drink ( lemonade or sweet tea) and dessert included. The most I paid for a meal was $7.50 and it was GOOD....

Edited by Pygmy

Hunter..Yes, night hunting is legal. However, on the lease we were hunting most of the terrain is thick woods and brush, which does not lend itself to night hunting.

The only open areas which would work well for night shooting are the food plots, which are fenced off with electric fences to keep the hogs out.