Here is where our taxes go for Education

Until you can account for the total cost that those private schools incur per student- not just the tuition cost that the parents pay- then you're not making a fair comparison. But, my guess is you're really not interested in a fair comparison. Find out how much the church contributes to the overall cost of operating the school.

You are making the claim, you provide the facts. The bottom line is that I would only pay $8,400.-

If the private school gets funds from other benefactors that is willing donated then their is no comparison to a school district that over charges the tax payers,

You teachers need to understand it's not about vengeance but rather justice. You can't take money we need to live and help our children with so you can reire after 20 years and collect another 2 million in benefits.

First off most teachers have to wait 30 years before they can get full retirement, not 20. You are mis-informed.

Second you are using Long Island salaries as a reference. That is far from true here in northern NY and most of the state. Most teachers up here will retire at the same salary as a first year Long Island teacher. This 2 million dollars in benefits is total BS.

Third, I have met a bunch of teachers who all flock to your area because the very higher salaries. But they all come back home because they cannot afford to live there. Your cost of living in that region is out of control. You say you have no money because of your school taxes. I believe it is everything else around you. Last I heard, its $8 for a Big Mac.

Lastly I hear someone who thinks they know it all and how to fix it. Try spending a week or two as a teacher and see if you are still singing the same tune.

Pretty much all you said is totally false and incorrect, except

"But they all come back home because they cannot afford to live there. Your cost of living in that region is out of control."

and that is why I have written everything you have read before. Our taxes on LI are out of control. My school tax is 57% of my tax bill, my Police tax is 21% of my tax bill. Thank you for stating my point.

The bottom line is that I would only pay $8,400.-

If the private school gets funds from other benefactors that is willing donated then their is no comparison to a school district that over charges the tax payers,

So, as you stated, you're only concerned with how much it's costing you. My guess is that you're school taxes are less than $8,400. So, what are you complaining about? Even if you didn't have to pay those school taxes, it would cost you more to send your kids to private school. And, with private schools, you pay that $8400 for each child of yours who attends. You can send however many kids you have to public schools without paying any more in taxes. You've got a bug up you a** about teachers. Where would we be without them? I hunt with a couple of guys who are teachers- they're good guys who work hard. And they have to put up with the bad attitudes and bad behavior of kids whose parents fill their heads with all this anti-teacher nonsense.

Not sure where on Long Island you guys live. But, in the town where i grew up, the budget has been voted down frequently over the past 20 years. Before that, it was always approved. In the last 20 years, the quality of the district has suffered. The kids have to play to take part in sports and other after-school activities. There are more kids in each class, less supplies, and poorly kept facilities. In the past, the high quality school district was always part of the town's allure- and kept property values high. Now, the schools are in decline and everyone's suffering. Voting down school budgets is not a solution to higher teacher salaries- it's vengeful and short-sighted.

How do you condone a $300 a month increase in school taxes. Not $300 a year but a month????

On homeowners on fixed incomes, I vote the budget down every year, and every year it passes. As far as a teacher working 30 years for a pension that is bunk. with all the time off it's more like 20 years in real time on the job. Why is the school budget like some sacred cow? Because the teachers use the children as pawns. How unethical just to pass a budget to increase their salaries and benefits.

So, as you stated, you're only concerned with how much it's costing you. My guess is that you're school taxes are less than $8,400. So, what are you complaining about? Even if you didn't have to pay those school taxes, it would cost you more to send your kids to private school. And, with private schools, you pay that $8400 for each child of yours who attends. You can send however many kids you have to public schools without paying any more in taxes. You've got a bug up you a** about teachers. Where would we be without them? I hunt with a couple of guys who are teachers- they're good guys who work hard. And they have to put up with the bad attitudes and bad behavior of kids whose parents fill their heads with all this anti-teacher nonsense.

One thing you didn't mention is that you also have to pay school taxes to the school district you live in ,plus the cost of sending your kid to private school.

Your argument that teachers have to put up with bad attitudes and behavior doesn't hold any water. In the real world the parents experience this every day and most have no union, pension or health care being paid for by the taxpayers. Get your head out of your A--. See things as they really are, not in your dream world.

I have a child. but you have hit on one of my pet peeves. Why do/should we expect people without children to pay for the education of our children? I believe the society as a whole will benefit from a quality education of our children but is it fair that they pay for my daughter? Is it fair that only property owners will pay the school tax? I guess I see a benefit for a voucher system where it is pay to play type funding. I guess I shouldn't be surprised that one of our taxation systems isn't fair...lol

I have a child. but you have hit on one of my pet peeves. Why do/should we expect people without children to pay for the education of our children? I believe the society as a whole will benefit from a quality education of our children but is it fair that they pay for my daughter?

I think you answered your own question. Most people agree that the future of a country depends on the education of its' youth.

Dave, your response, as always, is a waste of space. It's not my problem if you can't keep up with this thread or my posts.

Dave, your response, as always, is a waste of space. It's not my problem if you can't keep up with this thread or my posts.

You posts are more bluster than bite. Total nonsense and a waste of the members time even reading your posts. Like all your comments they take some liberal path, which you always do. Just to go against the flow and then show how misinformed you really are which I always expect of you. You never dissapoint.!!!!!!! No matter what the topic.
  • Like 1

Culver. Also, what if you couldn't afford the voucher? Should your child be denied an education? I think that systems that are designed to serve society in general can often look 'unfair' when applied to the individual.

I have a child. but you have hit on one of my pet peeves. Why do/should we expect people without children to pay for the education of our children? I believe the society as a whole will benefit from a quality education of our children but is it fair that they pay for my daughter?

I think you answered your own question. Most people agree that the future of a country depends on the education of its' youth.

Like the education the guy in the video got for $70,000 plus rent money. What moron teachers passed him from year to year?? Great system we are paying for sure getting our money's worth.

Culver. Also, what if you couldn't afford the voucher? Should your child be denied an education? I think that systems that are designed to serve society in general can often look 'unfair' when applied to the individual.

The way I understand the voucher system is one is provided for every child (based on a flat rate through taxes) It is then my decision where i send my child and how much additional I wish to contribute to have her attend the school of my choice. It would allow me to ust the alotted amount to fund at a private school ...or a religious based school if I chose. Edited by Culvercreek hunt club

Wrong, I have alot of respect for teachers, just not the money grubbing thieves who impersonate teachers today. I wasn't taught by the ilk that is out there today. We all saw from the riots in Wisconson what type of people is teaching now.

You posts are more bluster than bite. Total nonsense and a waste of the members time even reading your posts. Like all your comments they take some liberal path, which you always do. Just to go against the flow and then show how misinformed you really are which I always expect of you. You never dissapoint.!!!!!!! No matter what the topic.

Your right Dave, I should ignore him, but the teacher in me tries to help those who need it the most. I guess I should just write him off.

Wooffer, the only thing to learn from you is that you're a phony and a blowhard. That's been obvious from the start. Guys like you are part of the problem, not the solution- you think that bellyaching about the problem will produce a solution. If you get upset when I counter your nonsense and rhetoric, too bad. You can always send private messages to Dave instead.

It's quite okay with me that two guys who can't spell, can't write, and can't put together an intelligent thought agree with each other in their dislike for me.

Don't flatter yourself, Moron.